Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

Old 07-07-2005, 05:50 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

Mods, please delete the post in the Central forum, I fucked up.

I wasn't planning on posting anything about this incident. I had full intention on just letting it go, and not returning to the shop, however, I took the time to type this in a PM to Jason300ZXtt, so I figured I may as well share my experience with the rest of you. Don't get me wrong, Jason Hunt and Brian at Ultimate are both great guys, and I appreciate them staying 4 hours after hours to finish my car, HOWEVER, they truely need to work on the 'business' portion of their work.

"Supposedly the car got up there, got into the shop, and then wouldn't start. THey searched around, determined it was the rotor button. OK, so they replaced it. 10 minutes later, the car wouldn't start again. This time they said it was the bearing in the distributor. So they replaced them. Then the whole distributor supposedly went bad. This is where I finally got some say in it. I told them to put something used on, which they said they had around the shop and would do for like 75-80 bucks, because I could get a brand new distributor for 239 with lifetime warranty from my local shop down here. They suddenly "misplaced" the used distributor they had, and decided to order a full rebuild kit from Honda, which costed a total of almost 550, plus installation. Of course, I was unaware they were doing this. They had mentioned it to me on the phone earlier in the day, however, I had told them I did not want to go with that option. Anyways, in the mean time, they finally started tuning the car, at around 6:30-7:00 PM that night. They got the car to 5 lbs., and then said they were having fuel issues. They then charged me another 80 dollars to undo two clamps and remove the inline fuel pump that was under the hood, only to replace it with a broken fuel line, which busted on me the next day and wasted an entire tank of gas, and thankfully didn't do anything else. Well when they said they couldn't get the car to go over 5 lbs, I told them just to leave the car there, and I would come up there the next day and we could go from there, because it was near 9PM and my father had been up there since 4AM and no1 had offered to get him anything to eat or drink. They offered to take him to get a rental car so he could get home, and I thought that was that. It wasn't until later that night, around 10:30-11:00 PM that my father called and said he was in Fredricksburg and that the car was tuned at 10psi. I said cool, and asked him how much it was. He told me the price, and I about shit my pants. Trust me, when the car goes to get retuned, it will be with a new p28 with Hondata. I won't take the car back there. No matter how well they tuned the car (which isn't impressive, it still feels WAY too rich), it isn't worth the extra 400 they charged me out of nowhere. If you talk to them anytime, tell them I'm VERY displeased with the customer service at their shop, and they are lucky I didn't drive up there the next day to get my money back."

The truely took advantage of the fact my father was there and not me.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET
Default Re: Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

Originally Posted by TPJ
Mods, please delete the post in the Central forum, I fucked up.

I wasn't planning on posting anything about this incident. I had full intention on just letting it go, and not returning to the shop, however, I took the time to type this in a PM to Jason300ZXtt, so I figured I may as well share my experience with the rest of you. Don't get me wrong, Jason Hunt and Brian at Ultimate are both great guys, and I appreciate them staying 4 hours after hours to finish my car, HOWEVER, they truely need to work on the 'business' portion of their work.

"Supposedly the car got up there, got into the shop, and then wouldn't start. THey searched around, determined it was the rotor button. OK, so they replaced it. 10 minutes later, the car wouldn't start again. This time they said it was the bearing in the distributor. So they replaced them. Then the whole distributor supposedly went bad. This is where I finally got some say in it. I told them to put something used on, which they said they had around the shop and would do for like 75-80 bucks, because I could get a brand new distributor for 239 with lifetime warranty from my local shop down here. They suddenly "misplaced" the used distributor they had, and decided to order a full rebuild kit from Honda, which costed a total of almost 550, plus installation. Of course, I was unaware they were doing this. They had mentioned it to me on the phone earlier in the day, however, I had told them I did not want to go with that option. Anyways, in the mean time, they finally started tuning the car, at around 6:30-7:00 PM that night. They got the car to 5 lbs., and then said they were having fuel issues. They then charged me another 80 dollars to undo two clamps and remove the inline fuel pump that was under the hood, only to replace it with a broken fuel line, which busted on me the next day and wasted an entire tank of gas, and thankfully didn't do anything else. Well when they said they couldn't get the car to go over 5 lbs, I told them just to leave the car there, and I would come up there the next day and we could go from there, because it was near 9PM and my father had been up there since 4AM and no1 had offered to get him anything to eat or drink. They offered to take him to get a rental car so he could get home, and I thought that was that. It wasn't until later that night, around 10:30-11:00 PM that my father called and said he was in Fredricksburg and that the car was tuned at 10psi. I said cool, and asked him how much it was. He told me the price, and I about shit my pants. Trust me, when the car goes to get retuned, it will be with a new p28 with Hondata. I won't take the car back there. No matter how well they tuned the car (which isn't impressive, it still feels WAY too rich), it isn't worth the extra 400 they charged me out of nowhere. If you talk to them anytime, tell them I'm VERY displeased with the customer service at their shop, and they are lucky I didn't drive up there the next day to get my money back."

The truely took advantage of the fact my father was there and not me.
It happens sometimes when you work at shops you take things into your own hands cuz you got a lot of projects to work on you shouldn't take it personal, thats why I learned the hard way with Vertex, except my story is alot worse, Jason is a good guy he probably just got into a hectic mood and tried finishing your car as fast as possible.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SR20DETNX2K
It happens sometimes when you work at shops you take things into your own hands cuz you got a lot of projects to work on you shouldn't take it personal, thats why I learned the hard way with Vertex, except my story is alot worse, Jason is a good guy he probably just got into a hectic mood and tried finishing your car as fast as possible.
The tune is shitty, the car idles at 200rpms, the belts squeal, and the car doesn't always like to stay running when first started. Yeah, it makes more power than before, however, it runs a whole lot worse. I'm extremely disappointed with the fact he charged me twice what he originally quoted, and then some, so yes, I am going to take it personally.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

So that we can get a complete picture of the situation post the following please:

Year of Car, how many miles were on the car's engine before it entered the shop for work, what type of engine is in the car.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:46 PM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

that shop overcharges.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chinabuddie
that shop overcharges.
How? What is their labor rate per hour compared to other shops in the area that offer the same services?? I'm not defending them, all I'm saying is if you're gonna make a statement like that, back it up with some reasons.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:58 PM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI
How? What is their labor rate per hour compared to other shops in the area that offer the same services?? I'm not defending them, all I'm saying is if you're gonna make a statement like that, back it up with some reasons.
called there and compared them with other shops in the past about doing work.. like clutch installs, suspension work..etc..etc.. out of all the performance places that i called they were the most expensive by far.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

b18c195 is an unknown quantity at this point

u should of went to Inline pro to begin with. The reason i like them is cause they only work on HONDAS nothing else.

all the others shops in the area try to mess with every car they see.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

Originally Posted by TPJ
The tune is shitty, the car idles at 200rpms, the belts squeal, and the car doesn't always like to stay running when first started. Yeah, it makes more power than before, however, it runs a whole lot worse. I'm extremely disappointed with the fact he charged me twice what he originally quoted, and then some, so yes, I am going to take it personally.
Dude I am really really really Sorry about how you got mistreated. I NEVER would send anyone to any shop knowing the drama you have told me about that you have had to deal with. I am really sorry that it costed you so much. I cant get over the 500 bucks for a dizzy. I mean damn they could of called a junk yard and got a used for like 75-100 bucks and would of done of the job for the time being. Another thing I dont get is How does it die at ultimate of ALL places. It did not die on your trips to NC or driving in 757 or the coming to VA and even out side my house but just died out side of ultimate thats weird but sux bro. I wish you the best of luck with the car and I also would go with Hondata I guess now and have Inline pro tune it or a shop near you. I know Inline pro has worked on ALL my friends Honda's and they RAIRLY have issues and when they do Inline hooks them up and I mean HOOOOOOOKS them up! I am sure there are shops down there like racers edge that would prob hook you up as well. (I noticed there stickers all over the car so I figured they know you pretty well) Brian at Ultimate is a VERY VERY nice guy I like him alot. Jason Is also a Nice guy but Im not sure if he was in a hurry or had alot on his mind with racing in the nopi series or what but if your tune is that bad when the car dosnt like to start to stay started id ask him whats up?

Originally Posted by b18c195
u should of went to Inline pro to begin with. The reason i like them is cause they only work on HONDAS nothing else.
all the others shops in the area try to mess with every car they see.
If I ever had to re do the honda scene ( i hope to god i never do because Nissan and chevy to me is where its at) But if I had to id agree inline has always treated you and all of other friends very well.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

POSTING THIS FOR A FRIEND "This was NOT written by me but by (EFB16ACRX)"

Wow, just wow. I never knew your session went THAT bad. Let me say first that I have had work done at ultimate before, and althoguh it was slow, it was done right. I have only dealt with Brian though, nobody else. I really dont like what I have been hearing about them lately. That problem with your distributor was bullshit, they shouldnt have ordered a rebuild kit, they have plenty of extra dizzys laying around, im sure you know that. They were just trying to fuck you, like you said, because you werent there. Not sure about the fuel problems, but they shouldnt have ripped out the pump and replaced it with a broken hose, then on top of that, charged you for it when it didnt do a damn thing. As far as the ECU goes, when it was put in the car, i know god damn well that it was a p28, because i was right there putting it in jasons friends EG si hatch and tested it. No codes, hit vtec fine, that was BEFORe it was chipped. That problem rests solely on jasons (hunts) shoulders, he knows god damn well it was a p28 that was given to him, what happened from there is beyond me. As far as the cost is concerned? Like you said, you werent there, and you got screwed, bottom line. I do not call that good business, in fact, its pretty shitty of them. Cliff notes? Ultimate will never see my business again, unless they make dramatic changes in their service, until then, fuck them.

again this was NOT written by me but by (EFB16ACRX)

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles