Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

Old 07-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT
Default Re: Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

Originally Posted by TPJ
Car is a 94 Civic Si with a B16A swap and .60 trim turbo kit. The car was taken to Ultimate because Jason is the only tuner for the Neptune program around here, plus I was told from nearly everyone I talked to how good he was. When I bought the car from Jason300ZXTT the motor was still within the 30 day startup warranty from Noyan USA.

And FYI Jason, the car made it to Ultimate, in the parking lot, into the shop, got the injectors and 3bar installed, backed out, onto the dyno, and THEN supposedly died.

I had full intention on swapping to Hondata, I even had a friend with a chipped P28 with s200b he was going to sell me for 250. However, it would have cost me approx. 800 to do so with the tuning, and I didn't want to pay that much. Now I definitely wish I had

Basically, the guys up there dicked around with my car all day, and ran my father in circles because they knew he didn't know anything about the car, or really Honda's in general. It's pretty fucking screwed up if you ask me.

As far as talking with them, their hours are VERY hard for me to get ahold of. I've tried calling after work, which is usually around 4:30-4:45, but I never get an answer. I get off work at 3:30, however, due to where I work, I can't use the phone until I am at my house, for security reasons (my telephone has a camera built in, and is not allowed in the shipyard).

Hey by the way I have some papers and touch up paint (exact color of the car not darker or lighter) I need the tags so I can drive my beater around. But yea. Send me those and Ill send you this stuff down.

that is kinda weird how the car made it from my house to tysons to va beach and then later the next week or so made it to NC and then back up here to NoVA to my house and then left my house got to ultimate got inside got everything put on and then died (wtf) The odds of that happening is like slim to none. i think you have a better chance winning the lottery if ya ask me. I dunno... what to say im pretty lost for words. I like Brian alot at ultimate one of the nicest guys to do business with. Again sorry for this mishap. I didn't think they would do that to anyone. It seems from what you posted and said that they took advantage of you and fucked you over. If thats the case thats REALLLLLY bad business and I think they should make things right with you. I hope it all turns out for the best and your luck changes for the better

Last edited by Jason300zxTT; 07-08-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Toyota owner

EVOEatr has disabled reputation

I understand about that shop. I took my wrx there for an alignment and 4 new tires. Well, one of the wheels was bent so they had to send it to get fixed. Long story short, it took 7 weeks of my car being unlocked out back fo the shop with all my stuff hangin out and it ended up costing an amazing amount *read: overpriced*. Yah, I won't go back.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

ouch that sux man.... they left your car unlocked??
Old 07-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

k20ahondas has disabled reputation

sorry about your experience here at Ultimate. Car feeling rich? The car was tuned at 12.0 a/f. If you want your car to be tuned at 13.0 and blow up in a few months, then this is not where you want to be. We tune the car so it can live and make conservative HP. If you want the car to blow up, then it's a different story. Lots of places can be aggressive on tuning 12.8-13.2 a/f, but may not lives as long.
As for distributor, you got a brand new one from HONDA. OE housing, OE coil, OE ignitor, OE cap and rotor. OEM not rebuild distributor from a part store. That's why it cost more. Price it out for yourself at HONDA.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

And by the way, I personally offered your dad lunch. But he said "i am used to not eating, I'll be okay" And since when does dyno tuning have to with belt squeaking?

Jason signing as me to give his thoughts. next post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TPJ
Mods, please delete the post in the Central forum, I fucked up.

I wasn't planning on posting anything about this incident. I had full intention on just letting it go, and not returning to the shop, however, I took the time to type this in a PM to Jason300ZXtt, so I figured I may as well share my experience with the rest of you. Don't get me wrong, Jason Hunt and Brian at Ultimate are both great guys, and I appreciate them staying 4 hours after hours to finish my car, HOWEVER, they truely need to work on the 'business' portion of their work.

"Supposedly the car got up there, got into the shop, and then wouldn't start. THey searched around, determined it was the rotor button. OK, so they replaced it. 10 minutes later, the car wouldn't start again. This time they said it was the bearing in the distributor. So they replaced them. Then the whole distributor supposedly went bad. This is where I finally got some say in it. I told them to put something used on, which they said they had around the shop and would do for like 75-80 bucks, because I could get a brand new distributor for 239 with lifetime warranty from my local shop down here. They suddenly "misplaced" the used distributor they had, and decided to order a full rebuild kit from Honda, which costed a total of almost 550, plus installation. Of course, I was unaware they were doing this. They had mentioned it to me on the phone earlier in the day, however, I had told them I did not want to go with that option. Anyways, in the mean time, they finally started tuning the car, at around 6:30-7:00 PM that night. They got the car to 5 lbs., and then said they were having fuel issues. They then charged me another 80 dollars to undo two clamps and remove the inline fuel pump that was under the hood, only to replace it with a broken fuel line, which busted on me the next day and wasted an entire tank of gas, and thankfully didn't do anything else. Well when they said they couldn't get the car to go over 5 lbs, I told them just to leave the car there, and I would come up there the next day and we could go from there, because it was near 9PM and my father had been up there since 4AM and no1 had offered to get him anything to eat or drink. They offered to take him to get a rental car so he could get home, and I thought that was that. It wasn't until later that night, around 10:30-11:00 PM that my father called and said he was in Fredricksburg and that the car was tuned at 10psi. I said cool, and asked him how much it was. He told me the price, and I about shit my pants. Trust me, when the car goes to get retuned, it will be with a new p28 with Hondata. I won't take the car back there. No matter how well they tuned the car (which isn't impressive, it still feels WAY too rich), it isn't worth the extra 400 they charged me out of nowhere. If you talk to them anytime, tell them I'm VERY displeased with the customer service at their shop, and they are lucky I didn't drive up there the next day to get my money back."

The truely took advantage of the fact my father was there and not me.
Hello This is Jason.....
1st off I am very sorry for what had happened here but you are not telling it exactly like it happened......

"Supposedly the car got up there, got into the shop, and then wouldn't start. THey searched around, determined it was the rotor button"

Never was it said you had a bad rotor button, your car came in for tunning , we back the car on to the dyno then I went and took the ecu out...then here is were the drama starts... When Jason Davis brought his car in for neptune, he brought me a burnt up p28 " with a inlet air temp code" I told Jason that I had a p06 ecu he can use till he locates another p28 ecu. I then had to provided the customer one of my p28's so we could dyno his car, and then I would deal with Jason later since he sold the guy his car, and he had not known of this. I had to chip the ecu while the customer was waiting, and was out of 1.1k ohm resitors so had to go down the road to get some. I came back chipped the ecu and put it in his car,then I wired in a 3 bar map sensor and put in 750 cc injectors and remove fmu. I loaded a base map , the car fired for a second then died... I tried a few things with the ecu , the car still would not fire, at that point checked for spark , there was not spark, so I pulled the distributor cap... there was red dust all in the cap..... I tested the ignitor it was pulsing the coil , normally this means the coil is bad....I pulled the distributor off and the bearing was shot, I could not get the rotor off becasue it was seized to the shaft, all it needed was a coil we would have thrown one in for next to nothing. But with the bearing shot the sub assembly needed to be replaced, and the coil... Mind you the car has not even started yet I had to do all this trouble shooting just to get the car running...
We told your father the only option we had for a distributor was a new sub assembly, a reman was not available till the next day.... You never told me to put a used one in we never claimed to have had one in stock...

The car finally started I started tunning and the ve table was getting all jacked up,I wasted like an hour just trying to get it right, I looked under the hood and realised that he had an additional inline pump on top of a walbro fuel pump with 750cc injectors this is a lot of fuel for a stock b16 and small t3/t4... We bypassed the fuel pump " I put the 2 spliced pieces back togther" I told your father that you needed a new fuel line that it would not hold upo the way it is........ the car still had a inlet air temp error , the plug was all mashed up on the manifold I replaced the plug still had a code , turns out the air temp sensor was melted so I replaced that for free...
Daylight was burning and instead of tunning a car we were fixxing a lot of stupid little problems
I would also like to say we offered your father food multiple times and we have a water cooler in our waiting room, I also asked him if he wanted his lunch cooler that was in the car and he said he was not hungry...

I also told your father if there is any issues with the tune you can bring the car back and we can take care of it for nothing..... The whol deal was bad but like it or not your car had problems, it waisted a whole day of our time, and we did not make money on you , I had to turn away 2 dynos because your car was giving us problems. I am sorry that this turned into this but , You never once even called to voice your issues and procceded to post on a public forum , and give missleading info...

We were trying to get your father home, we did not install any of the components that failed on your car, it was late, we were working with the parts we had a available at the time , to get your father home... normaly when a car is in good working order it does not take long to tune, I have plenty of honda experience so who ever is making the lack of honda experience comments you are mistaken...

Alls I can do is retune your car if your car for free , your car had many issues that you probally were not aware , but never once did we charge for anything that was not needed on your car.
Please feel free to contact us so we can work this out... Jason Hunt
Old 07-11-2005, 02:22 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Hello This is Jason.....
1st off I am very sorry for what had happened here but you are not telling it exactly like it happened......

You must remember, I was not there. I am going strictly from what I was told by you, my father, and the other person(s) working with you

"Supposedly the car got up there, got into the shop, and then wouldn't start. THey searched around, determined it was the rotor button"

Never was it said you had a bad rotor button, your car came in for tunning , we back the car on to the dyno then I went and took the ecu out...then here is were the drama starts... When Jason Davis brought his car in for neptune, he brought me a burnt up p28 " with a inlet air temp code" I told Jason that I had a p06 ecu he can use till he locates another p28 ecu. I then had to provided the customer one of my p28's so we could dyno his car, and then I would deal with Jason later since he sold the guy his car, and he had not known of this. I had to chip the ecu while the customer was waiting, and was out of 1.1k ohm resitors so had to go down the road to get some.

I understand the fact about the ECU, I have no problem with that. I was quite pleased with how you handled that to be honest.

I came back chipped the ecu and put it in his car,then I wired in a 3 bar map sensor and put in 750 cc injectors and remove fmu. I loaded a base map , the car fired for a second then died... I tried a few things with the ecu , the car still would not fire, at that point checked for spark , there was not spark, so I pulled the distributor cap... there was red dust all in the cap..... I tested the ignitor it was pulsing the coil , normally this means the coil is bad....I pulled the distributor off and the bearing was shot, I could not get the rotor off becasue it was seized to the shaft, all it needed was a coil we would have thrown one in for next to nothing. But with the bearing shot the sub assembly needed to be replaced, and the coil... Mind you the car has not even started yet I had to do all this trouble shooting just to get the car running...
We told your father the only option we had for a distributor was a new sub assembly, a reman was not available till the next day.... You never told me to put a used one in we never claimed to have had one in stock...

This, I'm sorry, is not the truth. It may have been you personally, however, I talked on the phone to someone in your shop, who told me they had a couple of different distributors around the shop from other motors that were there, and they would be willing to sell me one used in order to get me home. I told them I did not want to buy the new distributor from Honda, and I specifically told your shop that, because I could have gotten one from my local shop, Tuner's Edge, for 279, brand new, with a Lifetime Warranty. My father offered to leave the car there and bring a rental car home, and I would return the next day and bring you a distributor. Someone in your shop told me that they would put the used distributor onto the car, and if it didn't work, leaving the car there and bringing up the part would be perfectly fine. I then recieved a call later on, around 8:30PM saying the car was running, but would not go above 5psi. I told the person at your shop to leave the car alone, and mess with it tomarrow. I understood fully that it was late in the evening, I'm sure you guys wanted to go home, as did my father. The person at your shop said he would give my father a ride to the rental car shop, and they would contact me the next day. I then recieved a call an hour later stating the car was at 10psi. I said ok, and my father left with the car and started for home, me still assuming the distributor was replaced with a used one, since that is specifically what I was told would happen, and I specifically stated not to replace it with an OEM Honda distributor. I was also told the parts were a full rebuild kit, not an entire brand new distributor. You have to remember, I was not always talking to you personally on the phone Mr. Hunt, and apparently other within your shop to not care to communicate between each other.

The car finally started I started tunning and the ve table was getting all jacked up,I wasted like an hour just trying to get it right, I looked under the hood and realised that he had an additional inline pump on top of a walbro fuel pump with 750cc injectors this is a lot of fuel for a stock b16 and small t3/t4... We bypassed the fuel pump " I put the 2 spliced pieces back togther" I told your father that you needed a new fuel line that it would not hold upo the way it is........ the car still had a inlet air temp error , the plug was all mashed up on the manifold I replaced the plug still had a code , turns out the air temp sensor was melted so I replaced that for free...
Daylight was burning and instead of tunning a car we were fixxing a lot of stupid little problems
I would also like to say we offered your father food multiple times and we have a water cooler in our waiting room, I also asked him if he wanted his lunch cooler that was in the car and he said he was not hungry...

If that is truely the case, then there is nothing I can say to you about that. It would not suprise me at all for my father to say that, however, I am going strictly by what he told my mother and my mother relayed to me. Perhaps she overreacted.

I also told your father if there is any issues with the tune you can bring the car back and we can take care of it for nothing..... The whole deal was bad but like it or not your car had problems, it waisted a whole day of our time, and we did not make money on you , I had to turn away 2 dynos because your car was giving us problems. I am sorry that this turned into this but , You never once even called to voice your issues and procceded to post on a public forum , and give missleading info...

As I originally said, I tried calling a few times, however, my hours aren't the easiest for me to get in touch with you guys up there. I was never informed anything about bringing the car back up there, however, I would very much like to know why the car idles at 200rpms, and why it does not boost above 6psi, even though you guys said it was set and tuned at 10psi.

We were trying to get your father home, we did not install any of the components that failed on your car, it was late, we were working with the parts we had a available at the time , to get your father home... normaly when a car is in good working order it does not take long to tune, I have plenty of honda experience so who ever is making the lack of honda experience comments you are mistaken...

Alls I can do is retune your car if your car for free , your car had many issues that you probally were not aware , but never once did we charge for anything that was not needed on your car.

At this current point I don't have any use for the car being retuned, except for the fact that it idles like crap. I do not drive the car hard, and being overly-rich doesn't bother me, because I'm not too fond of blowing up motors anymore. I would just like the car to run like it is supposed to.

My responses are in italics. A few highlights points from your post are in bold.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TPJ
Hello This is Jason.....

You must remember, I was not there. I am going strictly from what I was told by you, my father, and the other person(s) working with you

Never was it said you had a bad rotor button, your car came in for tunning , we back the car on to the dyno then I went and took the ecu out...then here is were the drama starts... When Jason Davis brought his car in for neptune, he brought me a burnt up p28 " with a inlet air temp code" I told Jason that I had a p06 ecu he can use till he locates another p28 ecu. I then had to provided the customer one of my p28's so we could dyno his car, and then I would deal with Jason later since he sold the guy his car, and he had not known of this. I had to chip the ecu while the customer was waiting, and was out of 1.1k ohm resitors so had to go down the road to get some.

I understand the fact about the ECU, I have no problem with that. I was quite pleased with how you handled that to be honest.

I came back chipped the ecu and put it in his car,then I wired in a 3 bar map sensor and put in 750 cc injectors and remove fmu. I loaded a base map , the car fired for a second then died... I tried a few things with the ecu , the car still would not fire, at that point checked for spark , there was not spark, so I pulled the distributor cap... there was red dust all in the cap..... I tested the ignitor it was pulsing the coil , normally this means the coil is bad....I pulled the distributor off and the bearing was shot, I could not get the rotor off becasue it was seized to the shaft, all it needed was a coil we would have thrown one in for next to nothing. But with the bearing shot the sub assembly needed to be replaced, and the coil... Mind you the car has not even started yet I had to do all this trouble shooting just to get the car running...

This, I'm sorry, is not the truth. It may have been you personally, however, I talked on the phone to someone in your shop, who told me they had a couple of different distributors around the shop from other motors that were there, and they would be willing to sell me one used in order to get me home. I told them I did not want to buy the new distributor from Honda, and I specifically told your shop that, because I could have gotten one from my local shop, Tuner's Edge, for 279, brand new, with a Lifetime Warranty. My father offered to leave the car there and bring a rental car home, and I would return the next day and bring you a distributor. Someone in your shop told me that they would put the used distributor onto the car, and if it didn't work, leaving the car there and bringing up the part would be perfectly fine. I then recieved a call later on, around 8:30PM saying the car was running, but would not go above 5psi. I told the person at your shop to leave the car alone, and mess with it tomarrow. I understood fully that it was late in the evening, I'm sure you guys wanted to go home, as did my father. The person at your shop said he would give my father a ride to the rental car shop, and they would contact me the next day. I then recieved a call an hour later stating the car was at 10psi. I said ok, and my father left with the car and started for home, me still assuming the distributor was replaced with a used one, since that is specifically what I was told would happen, and I specifically stated not to replace it with an OEM Honda distributor. I was also told the parts were a full rebuild kit, not an entire brand new distributor. You have to remember, I was not always talking to you personally on the phone Mr. Hunt, and apparently other within your shop to not care to communicate between each other.

If that is truely the case, then there is nothing I can say to you about that. It would not suprise me at all for my father to say that, however, I am going strictly by what he told my mother and my mother relayed to me. Perhaps she overreacted.

I also told your father if there is any issues with the tune you can bring the car back and we can take care of it for nothing..... The whole deal was bad but like it or not your car had problems, it waisted a whole day of our time, and we did not make money on you , I had to turn away 2 dynos because your car was giving us problems. I am sorry that this turned into this but , You never once even called to voice your issues and procceded to post on a public forum , and give missleading info...

As I originally said, I tried calling a few times, however, my hours aren't the easiest for me to get in touch with you guys up there. I was never informed anything about bringing the car back up there, however, I would very much like to know why the car idles at 200rpms, and why it does not boost above 6psi, even though you guys said it was set and tuned at 10psi.

At this current point I don't have any use for the car being retuned, except for the fact that it idles like crap. I do not drive the car hard, and being overly-rich doesn't bother me, because I'm not too fond of blowing up motors anymore. I would just like the car to run like it is supposed to.

My responses are in italics. A few highlights points from your post are in bold.
this is Jason again....
Never once was a rental car talked about, your father made it seem like he had to go home that night, if a rental was a option I would have stoped killing myself at 6 p.m.. We had no used ditributors for sale, your father saw the bill he should have spoke up if he did not want a new subasembly.. You know you keep acting like everything is so clear, your father was there, not you, we told him everything we were doing. You could not come up becuase of your new job, you sent your dad, I really cant help it if you too did not communicate well thru him.. Your distributor bearing locked up on the way up here, probaly taking out your coil from to much heat.... As far as getting in contact , we answer phones from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m., I really do not think you tried too hard to call us...The offer still stands to retune your car, I really think you and your father had a communication issue, we usually deal in 1st person over here, and appologise for the miscommunication, . Let us know if we can help... if not have a nice day and good luck with your car....
Old 07-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Registered member

Now with reading both statements and also Jason Hunt calling me when I was at work. I have my own few things to say. I think there has some been some misunderstanding from both Jason Hunt and my self. We talked about that over the phone and that was that. Now as him offering free dyno tuning To me that would be worth the trip because I know Jason can tune some sick ass cars. I have seen some of the nastiest cars come from him around this area. I really don't think Jason ment any harm as he said he didn't make any money off you and also gave you a free air temp sensor (to me thats pretty nice) I think Ultimate is a good shop. I've know Brian ever since he was at the old shop in FFX (CDE MOTOR SPORTS) Jason Hunt has been one of those names ive known about for a few years now and Ive seen his lil blue crx go 9's at M I R thats why I trusted him for tuning. I've seen Inline pro go 9's as well but Jason Ran that alot and was pretty consitant with his times so I knew he knows what he is talking about and thats why I trusted his thoughts on going wiht neptune ect ect. I really hope this gets worked out for the best between everyone. I would Let Jason Hunt tune my car and also work on my car along with Brian.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by k20ahondas
this is Jason again....
Never once was a rental car talked about, your father made it seem like he had to go home that night, if a rental was a option I would have stoped killing myself at 6 p.m.. We had no used ditributors for sale, your father saw the bill he should have spoke up if he did not want a new subasembly.. You know you keep acting like everything is so clear, your father was there, not you, we told him everything we were doing. You could not come up becuase of your new job, you sent your dad, I really cant help it if you too did not communicate well thru him.. Your distributor bearing locked up on the way up here, probaly taking out your coil from to much heat.... As far as getting in contact , we answer phones from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m., I really do not think you tried too hard to call us...The offer still stands to retune your car, I really think you and your father had a communication issue, we usually deal in 1st person over here, and appologise for the miscommunication, . Let us know if we can help... if not have a nice day and good luck with your car....
Look, I hate to sound like a dick, HOWEVER, the rental car option, the used distributor option, and mentioning of leaving the car overnight and picking it up the next day were all discussed over the phone, between me and one of your shops employees, not between me and my father. If you can't understand that, I'm sorry, but you really seem like you are trying to degrade me and call me a liar. It's really not appreciated. The fact that your people told me one thing, and you did another, was because of a lack of communication between you and your employees, not because of a lack of communication between me and your shop. I spent AT LEAST 4 hours that night on and off the phone calling and talking to your techs, don't tell me I'm lying about what I was told.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles