Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

when does the dmv suspend your liscense?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Retards.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dragging240s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: when does the dmv suspend your liscense?

Correct, it's +5 pts if taken voluntarily, no points if court ordered. And you can take the defensive driving courses once every two years. When you have too many points against you, the DMV will put you in their 'Driver Improvement Program' which consists of being put on probation for 6 months (any infractions during that period will result in a suspended for either 30, 45, or 60 days depending on the infraction) and once the probation period is up, you will enter the control phase which will last for a year and a half. Any infraction during the control phase will put you back on probation, which will start over at 6 months again.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

finally someone else that knows something, and doesn't just talk out of his ass. BTW 71 in a 40 should have been reckless driving. 20mph over or 80mph will get you that charge.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 AM

NVMX-5 has disabled reputation

yeah i know the cop was really nice.. i didn't bs him and i was trying to bs my way out and he knew that. so he let me off with speeding so i get the option of paying it over the phone.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

do that without hesitation.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:13 AM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
do that without hesitation.
x2, you got a break already.

That DMV monitoring program sucks, I had just over a month to on 18 month monitoring period and got a ticket.....and therefore got start the two years all over again.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Retards.

dragging240s is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Asleeper
x2, you got a break already.

That DMV monitoring program sucks, I had just over a month to on 18 month monitoring period and got a ticket.....and therefore got start the two years all over again.
exactly why I know all about it.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Turbox3 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NVMX-5
yeah i know the cop was really nice.. i didn't bs him and i was trying to bs my way out and he knew that. so he let me off with speeding so i get the option of paying it over the phone.
I wouldn't get down on your knees for the cop just yet. Even though he didn't charge you with reckless, I'm pretty sure 71 in a 40 is still going to be a 6pt ticket (which is the same # of pts as a reckless), so you're still going to get nailed on insurance and points.

I got an 81 in a 65 a few years ago on I-95(which would've been reckless since I was over 80) and I thought the cop hooked me up since he didn't charge me with reckless. So, I just mailed in the check instead of going to court and not soon after I got a letter from my insurance and from DMV and saw that any ticket over 20mph carries 6pts. It is better than reckless, but it's still going to suck, especially with your other past offenses.

From the DMV site:

"Speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (5 years)"

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...s/points_6.asp
Old 12-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703

Originally Posted by NVMX-5
i just got a ticket today for doing 71/40 but the cop didn't give me a reckless. i'm wondering about how many points in the negative does the dmv suspend you licenses. i have tickets prior to this within the last two years. if someone knows let me know and i don't want people posting how stupid i am for speeding or any smartass remarks.

maybe dmv should suspend your keyboard for not being able to spell.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:14 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ISpimpin
Dumbass, don't speed you wont have this use...

Infractions= 1pt
Misdemeanors= 2pts
Felonies= 3pts

Allowed 4pts a year.
You get +1pt a year for a clean driving record, up to 5pts.
Driver improvement = +2pts
i just got 9 points for one accident. does that mean i got 3 felonies with that? GTFO!!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Double Agent HT

basically ^^^

Quick Reply: when does the dmv suspend your liscense?