Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

WTF I got caught by speed camera!!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
beautiful struggle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin has disabled reputation
Default WTF I got caught by speed camera!!

OMG I didn’t even know these things existed. I was coming from Howard back to UMD. Traveling peacefully all by myself and out of the middle of nowhere the biggest flash ever lit up the sky/everything. I was like WTF was that!!!! It hit me like a week later (I'm not exaggerating) that it might have been a speed camera. Well I do some googling and wtf, they have speed cameras in DC & MD. The only good news is that I hear the ticket doesn’t go on your record and it should only be a $40 fine. For the kicker, my car is still in my dad's name so I'm sure he's gonna be smiling in like 2 weeks.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King
Default Re: WTF I got caught by speed camera!!

Originally Posted by Quentin
OMG I didn’t even know these things existed. I was coming from Howard back to UMD. Traveling peacefully all by myself and out of the middle of nowhere the biggest flash ever lit up the sky/everything. I was like WTF was that!!!! It hit me like a week later (I'm not exaggerating) that it might have been a speed camera. Well I do some googling and wtf, they have speed cameras in DC & MD. The only good news is that I hear the ticket doesn’t go on your record and it should only be a $40 fine. For the kicker, my car is still in my dad's name so I'm sure he's gonna be smiling in like 2 weeks.
they cant prove who was driving, idk if that argument still holds up in court.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Овечкин

Angerfist is a splendid one to beholdAngerfist is a splendid one to beholdAngerfist is a splendid one to beholdAngerfist is a splendid one to beholdAngerfist is a splendid one to beholdAngerfist is a splendid one to beholdAngerfist is a splendid one to behold

I thought they got rid of those things because they were causing accidents or some BS.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

Originally Posted by Angerfist
I thought they got rid of those things because they were causing accidents or some BS.
thats the redlight cameras.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:52 AM
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jOOOOwan
thats the redlight cameras.
And only in VA.
DC publicly expressed they do not care and will continue based on revenue.

The reason the camera tickets only include a fine is because they can't prove who is driving. In court, the judge will tell the car owner that they should monitor who they let drive their vehicle.

Also never bother to go to court in DC over a camera ticket because they will stick it to you anyway and charge you court fees in addition. A girl I know was over the white line slightly at a traffic light and got popped by a camera. She figured it would be an easy case to get dropped. The DC judge told her she should maintain control of her vehicle and not obstruct the crosswalk.

The sad thing is this camera shit is the beginning of big brother utilizing technology. With almost every new vehicle being equipped with GPS, tickets will be getting issued that route soon.
It seems every technology pushed on us for "safety" and "convenience" is then used against us once it passes public acceptance and is mainstreamed. What once helped us gets sanctioned by the government and retrofitted to rape our pocket book. God Bless America!!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:53 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

how could you have not know they exist?!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Registered Member

31337 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Quentin
yup, welcome to the People's Republic of Maryland/DC. The best one is the one in DC on Constitution and 14th. Well its a red light camera, but DC has speed cameras, but it kind of defeats the purpose when they have tons of signage pointing out the speed camera. Anyhow the one I just mention takes pictures of cars making left turns and sometimes just randomly goes off. I had a client in DC when I worked for a managed services company and had to sit at that intersection a lot, giving me lots of time to wonder how somebody convinced DC to go with the cameras. Its hard to run a red light when traffic doesn't move.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jOOOOwan
they cant prove who was driving, idk if that argument still holds up in court.
Guess again. I don't believe you get points on your license, but you do get the ticket.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4SFED4

The sad thing is this camera shit is the beginning of big brother utilizing technology. With almost every new vehicle being equipped with GPS, tickets will be getting issued that route soon.
It seems every technology pushed on us for "safety" and "convenience" is then used against us once it passes public acceptance and is mainstreamed. What once helped us gets sanctioned by the government and retrofitted to rape our pocket book. God Bless America!!
you should google Alex Jones. The plans are already on the board in a few states to tax people on how much they drive. They are using the excuse that the tax on Gasoline/Diesel fuel isn't enough to maintain the highways. My argument is that if they would actually use the taxes collected to maintain the roads (this is in addition to the Federal Highway dollars) on the roads instead of social programs then it would be more then enough. Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul. Mind what you say because you don't want to end up on the Dept Homeland Security terrorist list. More then half the nation falls under that report (they call it an assessment) that was released a few days ago.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

CRAP my dad emailed me tonight with the scanned tickett. It was 50 in a 35. They got 3 pics of me. Curse them! I feel violated. Goodnews its only $40

Quick Reply: WTF I got caught by speed camera!!