Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Newb here, lookin for help!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stangjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newb here, lookin for help!

Ok, i'm a give you some advice because there seems to be some bad advice given to you. You have a C6, good tranny, the 302 is a non roller which has a different firing order than a roller motor and also truck fuel injection fires two banks of injectors and thats it. Mustangs with roller cams are sequential meaning they fire each injector at different times so you would have to modify your harness and switch computers to run a roller cam. (not worth it IMO) Also there are two kinds of gt40 heads, the original and "p" heads. If you get the "p" heads the spark plugs go in at a different angle so your headers may not work. There are special headers for those. Also your truck intake is designed for torque which is what you want in a truck. The cobra and mustang intakes are made for higher rpm's because of a light car. I think you would be disapointed if you put one of those on your truck. 33's will fit without lift, may rub alittle at sharp turns but not alot, with a body lift won't rub at all. 35's will fit with a 3" body lift but will rub at sharp turns. Ideal if you want only a body lift go with 33's but no reason to not get them now if you run across a set. Go to fullsizebronco.com and ford-trucks.com for advice. Much more knowledge there. There are alot of differences between the 5.0 in your truck than in a mustang so not all parts will work but some will. Also to the one who said windsors must be the only ones that had a carb in 86, 302's and 351's are both windsors. In 86 the 351's were carb,I6 were also carb i believe, and the 302's introduced fi. In 87 they all went to fi. Also i wouldn't go turbo because they usually work better at high rpms, again you are moving a heavy truck so troque is your friend, dosen't mean it won't work but i wouldn't think it would be ideal. The chambered cherry bombs should sound good. i run true duals straight out the back with no cats and flowmasters on my bronco and it sounds good to me, but would be quiet with the cats on.

Last edited by stangjay; 11-12-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:49 PM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

I have a full zex wet nitrous kit with nitrous guage and its WOT activation. complete on my car still. $250
Old 11-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered member

zfink has disabled reputation

Trade you some 17inch ICW Tridents, universal 4 lugs for it....
Old 11-13-2009, 06:27 AM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

Originally Posted by zfink
Trade you some 17inch ICW Tridents, universal 4 lugs for it....
HA no, cash only
Old 11-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

BobTheBuilder has disabled reputation

nice work dude
Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered member

Thanks, here's some more pictures... I definitly need bigger wheels... I can't wait for spring to roll around so I can paint it... Anyone like to make a charitable donation???????!!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered member

Thumbs up Re: Newb here, lookin for help!

Update: 11/29/09
New brake booster, old one was leaking...
Painted the toolboxes and installed them...
Painted the center strip completely rustoleum...
Bought a muffler... Going to go around and get some prices to haveit installed.

Will post pictures soon.

Where can I find a flush side exit exaust? I've been looking online and can't find them. They're similar to this http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=318
but there's a certain style I've seen before for mini trucks or something. If anyone can send me a link or tell me what company makes them I'd appreciate it. I have a rust spot on the driver side rear bottom fender and instead of fixing it I figure I could just round it out and shoot my exaust through it so I don't have to worry about it.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

VotEstimi has disabled reputation
Default Newb here lookin for help

No more bling for me, I want to keep this one light but bullet proof

I have been thinking about getting this Baja for a long time as I like how it goes ... now I cant wait for next week
Old 12-22-2009, 01:39 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Newb here lookin for help

Originally Posted by VotEstimi
No more bling for me, I want to keep this one light but bullet proof

I have been thinking about getting this Baja for a long time as I like how it goes ... now I cant wait for next week
what the fuck?
Old 12-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Piss off

nissanfixer has disabled reputation

if you go with a 3" body lift, i believe 32x11.50"s will fit. i had a set of dunlop radial mud rovers on my dakota with a 3" body lift. i love those tires, they dig good and wear good and are fairly cheap. im not to sure on your small block stuff, we have been doing bigblock swaps in f series trucks around here. lol.

Last edited by nissanfixer; 12-24-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Newb here, lookin for help!