Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Testing my new wheel/tire combo

Old 10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Testing my new wheel/tire combo

no body lift please....
Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

She'll eat.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:24 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Do the z71s still have torsien bar front suspension? If so just give that bad boy a few cranks and see if you can clear the rest of that tire.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by xp1ik05
no body lift please....
I can't justify spending $1400+ on a 4" suspension lift. If I had my way, Id spend more money on getting the Fabtech and just run 35's. If you are worried about the look of how much of the frame shows, it's really not that bad, and there will be a rear fender guard so you wont see it there either.

Originally Posted by jesizzle
Do the z71s still have torsien bar front suspension? If so just give that bad boy a few cranks and see if you can clear the rest of that tire.
No torsion bar suspension anymore.... thankfully.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:36 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
I can't justify spending $1400+ on a 4" suspension lift. If I had my way, Id spend more money on getting the Fabtech and just run 35's. If you are worried about the look of how much of the frame shows, it's really not that bad, and there will be a rear fender guard so you wont see it there either.

No torsion bar suspension anymore.... thankfully.
I happen to like my Torsien suspension, but then again, I do not expect my truck to ride like a car. The new Silvies are amazing. Drive like a dream. I wish I had the money to get one.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by jesizzle
I happen to like my Torsien suspension, but then again, I do not expect my truck to ride like a car. The new Silvies are amazing. Drive like a dream. I wish I had the money to get one.
Yeah I was simply sold on my truck after test driving it. I had a 96 Chevy 1500... so switching over was incredibly different. I love it.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 AM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I would just sell that wheel and tire combo and do it right the first time...body lifts are poop salad.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Originally Posted by VADA9
I would just sell that wheel and tire combo and do it right the first time...body lifts are poop salad.
yeah so is 100,000 mile drivetrain warranties right

Meet me at 100K miles and ill put on the cognito lift and 37's or 38's without a body lift.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I dont see the issue with warranties..i have a few friends..one with a 04 F150 with a 6 Fabtec lift installed by the dealer he bought it at and a Chevy 2500 with the same deal..the guy with the F150 has his truck worked on warranty wise multiple times..even changing out Broke Cv axles that i am sure were caused by the lift and 36x16.5x18's for no charge to him...
Old 10-17-2008, 04:48 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

Originally Posted by VADA9
I dont see the issue with warranties..i have a few friends..one with a 04 F150 with a 6 Fabtec lift installed by the dealer he bought it at and a Chevy 2500 with the same deal..the guy with the F150 has his truck worked on warranty wise multiple times..even changing out Broke Cv axles that i am sure were caused by the lift and 36x16.5x18's for no charge to him...
Really depends on the dealer. They have the right do deny the work for the modification. Some dealers will ask for proof that it was installed by a professional and reputable shop. Some dealers are going as far as installing lifts to stock trucks and selling them off with full warranty. My local chevy places have at least one new, lifted z71 on the lot. One was a factory job and had a 7k markup from MSRP for the lift/tire combo.

Quick Reply: Testing my new wheel/tire combo