Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Testing my new wheel/tire combo

Old 10-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Old guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kutza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Testing my new wheel/tire combo

Just curious of the 3in body lift result. I know someone did the same thing with 10 wide wheels and they still rubbed. keep us all posted. Wheels look good.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by VADA9
I dont see the issue with warranties..i have a few friends..one with a 04 F150 with a 6 Fabtec lift installed by the dealer he bought it at and a Chevy 2500 with the same deal..the guy with the F150 has his truck worked on warranty wise multiple times..even changing out Broke Cv axles that i am sure were caused by the lift and 36x16.5x18's for no charge to him...
Originally Posted by jesizzle
Really depends on the dealer. They have the right do deny the work for the modification. Some dealers will ask for proof that it was installed by a professional and reputable shop. Some dealers are going as far as installing lifts to stock trucks and selling them off with full warranty. My local chevy places have at least one new, lifted z71 on the lot. One was a factory job and had a 7k markup from MSRP for the lift/tire combo.
You are exactly right. The dealer has every right to deny warranty repair work. Granted, if the lift is instally by the dealer, they must tell you upfront whether or not the lift can affect the warranty. I have been thinking about finding out what lift they are putting on the trucks and then just going with that. That way I could pull the "installed by the dealer" saying. However, who knows what they would come back with.

Originally Posted by kutza
Just curious of the 3in body lift result. I know someone did the same thing with 10 wide wheels and they still rubbed. keep us all posted. Wheels look good.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it still rubbed just a little, but nothing I couldn't take care of. I thought about getting an extra set of inner fender linings and seeing if I can heat mold them to clear the tires without rubbing even when "flexing".
Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

looks good
Old 10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Looks good man. I had a 6/3" lift with 37"s and still rubbed but that was on a F-150. Cranked the torsion bars and that took care of it so Im gonna venture to say it may still rub.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack

skip the body lift and the ifs junk.....

Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by Zack
skip the body lift and the ifs junk.....

If I were going for something along the lines of 36"+ tires, then maybe I'd consider it. But to do that swap you are looking at a lot of time and money and that can't be justified with 33's and a max tire size of 35's imo.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

rbhall65 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good man, but remeber stop when ur happy cause as far as lifting trucks and rims and tires its like cocain you do a liottle bit then you want more and more lol, keep it safe
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

rbhall65 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good man but remember stop when ur happy, liftin trucks is like cocain, you do a little and then you want more and more then the next thing you know your broke lol, keep it safe man

and that red truck is fucking pure sex
Old 11-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Diesel Fuel Only

s13kyla is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good. What you doin with the stock wheels and tires? Interested in selling them?