Notices
Other Selling, Buying, Trading for Everything Else.
Examples: Furniture, Pets, Clothes, etc.
Be sure to read the rules before creating a thread.

Canon DSLR Lenses & FlyCam

Old 02-21-2012, 04:41 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Canon DSLR Lenses & FlyCam

Nick
Virginia Beach

Up for sale are a few lenses I no longer need/want. If you want the item shipped, you pay for shipping. Prefer cash over Paypal but if you use Paypal, use Gift option or pay the 3% fee.

Canon 70-200mm F/4 L - $550

Canon 70-210mm F/4 - $150

Canon 50mm 1.8 II - $100

Canon 135mm F/2 L - $875

Canon 100mm Macro F/2.8 L - $875

FlyCam Nano - $175

Last edited by Hybrid AWD; 02-21-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 PM
formerly si_zc_civic

fwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to beholdfwd_josh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Canon DSLR Lenses & FlyCam

fuck! i want that 70-200. wish i had the cash right now. we'll see how my funds are looking closer to payday.

Last edited by fwd_josh; 02-21-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'd love love love to have that FlyCam but not sure if I could realistically get it to balance with a little GoPro Hero 2 and I'm not ready to spring for a vDSLR or bigger HD camera at the moment.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

Nice glass, glws. You have it on P.O.T.N?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I'd love love love to have that FlyCam but not sure if I could realistically get it to balance with a little GoPro Hero 2 and I'm not ready to spring for a vDSLR or bigger HD camera at the moment.
Yeah it would probably be better to have a smaller steadicam. This one is sort of big and although it would work just fine... Something smaller would probably be better for a go pro.

Originally Posted by SlammedScort
Nice glass, glws. You have it on P.O.T.N?
Thanks. I only have it listed on here, dgrin, va photog, and t2i forums. I'll check it out, thanks man!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Yeah it would probably be better to have a smaller steadicam. This one is sort of big and although it would work just fine... Something smaller would probably be better for a go pro.

Thanks. I only have it listed on here, dgrin, va photog, and t2i forums. I'll check it out, thanks man!
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Steadicam Smoothee tonight! I just haven't figured out how exactly I feel about spending $150 for image stabilization for a $300 camera!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

why not just try a DIY setup... It's cheap and should work really well.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:39 PM
wub wub wub wub

why not just try a DIY setup... It's cheap and should work really well.
Part of it is me being lazy, and the other part is not wanting to take a PVC setup into a crowd where other people would see it! lol..
Old 02-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Yeah I know the feeling lol. You could always go the route of buying aluminum stock and bending it yourself.... then again, that doesnt take care of the lazy part
Old 02-22-2012, 04:49 AM
wub wub wub wub

Yeah I know the feeling lol. You could always go the route of buying aluminum stock and bending it yourself.... then again, that doesnt take care of the lazy part
Honestly, the lazy aspect is a direct result of how difficult the gymbal seems to make. I bought PVC to make a camera stabilizer sort of like a diver would use, and I ended up having to go to three stores and still didn't get all of the hardware I really needed because none of them had exactly what I was on a mission to get. That caused me to change the design of the rig a little, and I didn't like that. I'd much rather spend $30 than $149, but I'd also like some element of professionalism with what I'm doing, and the Smoothee can be drilled and you can add weight to it to accept a heavier DSLR. Meh... I ended up spending a lot of money on some concert tickets in DC tonight, so I'll probably wait until next week to order the Smoothee.

Do you have any footage you shot with the Flycam? I still think they're an equally cool concept.