Notices
Other ARCHIVE Previous forum, cannot make any new posts.

desert eagle and kimber custom for sale

Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 AM
teamULTRASPEED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312
Default Re: desert eagle and kimber custom for sale

Originally Posted by steezo757
That's a big negative on that one Carlo. I talked to AirSoft Bob at The Armory and they simply do not do the state background check for $2. As said before, they will need to transfer the firearm(s) like a typical FFL transfer for a fee.
Oh, I talked to the FFL in Chesapeake and he said I could do it if I ever needed to run a BG check on someone before selling a firearm. Then again might be a hush hush thing between me and the redneck
Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

ron2k1 has disabled reputation

lmao
Old 07-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Stick It & Kick It

LightningStruck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steezo757
That's a big negative on that one Carlo. I talked to AirSoft Bob at The Armory and they simply do not do the state background check for $2. As said before, they will need to transfer the firearm(s) like a typical FFL transfer for a fee.
I hate being correct.

When doing the NICS check the weapons information is put into the system as part of the check. To do that the FFL needs to tranfer the weapon to themselves. This is where it would come up if the weapon is stolen or if the buyer couldn't purchase the type of weapon IE: 18yr old buying a handgun.

Originally Posted by C45P312
Oh, I talked to the FFL in Chesapeake and he said I could do it if I ever needed to run a BG check on someone before selling a firearm. Then again might be a hush hush thing between me and the redneck
See above, If your FFL was trying to do this hush hush, it will cause him to lose his FFL. Here's what happens.

He runs the check for you without putting it into his bound book. ATF has the record of him being in pocession of the weapon during the check. Now if you sell somebody ele the weapon and it ends up in a crime. The police/ATF find the most recent owner--being your FFL and when he doesn't have the proper paperwork or the weapon. He gets criminally charged and loses his FFL.

Last edited by LightningStruck; 07-17-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered member

richie-rich88 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
are you 21? have you ever commited a felony? have you ever been convicted of domestic violence? if it is yes, no, no, then yes you can own a firearm. Good Luck how ever, i tried my hardest to get my gun registered and no one would do it /shrug.

To the OP, in Virginia you aren't required to verify anything, all id do is make a bill of sale, but each their own, i am not even sure if the state police do this anymore in virginia if your not an FFL.
I am 20 yrs old and i purchased a gun from a private seller. Called the state police talked to a sargent and was told that anyone younger then 21 is not allowed to purchase a new gun from a dealer but is allowed to purchase a used gun. Now lets say i wanted a brand new gun any hand gun watever. i can get my dad or anyone over 21 to purchase it and within i think it was 10 days it could be passed on to me.

if anyone has any questions dont ask me! just sharing some info that i know that i had gone through.

call the state police!

State Police
804-786-0000
Old 07-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richie-rich88
I am 20 yrs old and i purchased a gun from a private seller. Called the state police talked to a sargent and was told that anyone younger then 21 is not allowed to purchase a new gun from a dealer but is allowed to purchase a used gun. Now lets say i wanted a brand new gun any hand gun watever. i can get my dad or anyone over 21 to purchase it and within i think it was 10 days it could be passed on to me.

if anyone has any questions dont ask me! just sharing some info that i know that i had gone through.

call the state police!

State Police
804-786-0000
There is a gray area for people who are 19 or 20 years old when purchasing a pistol second hand. Most sources say that in a face to face transaction to only sell handguns to those 21 and older, but it is a gray area in the books. I would never sell a handgun to anyone under 21 personally.. too much risk if they were to do something stupid with it. Also, a person under the age of 21 cannot purchase handgun ammunition.

Here is a helpful link:
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_...igibility.shtm

Also, Firearms are NOT registered here in Virginia. They do hold onto records of sales through dealers for 12 months to ensure you don't buy more than one handgun every 30 days which is the law. Here is another good link:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm

Last edited by 93civiccpe; 07-22-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 AM
teamULTRASPEED

C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312

Originally Posted by richie-rich88

call the state police!

State Police
804-786-0000
You are correct. It isn't a gray area lolz

21 to purchase a handgun from FFL
18 to purchase a handgun from private seller

No ands ifs or buts

Just need to find someone willing to sell it to you for being under 21.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

alcfourlife has disabled reputation

I know this is old but o well i am 19 and have a para 1911 s/f .45 14+1 i bought it from a friend i do carry it in a holster, i have talked to more than 13 cops in different area's they all say i can carry it. i have talked to a cap. i have talked to a capital popo i have talked to a few state popo's all they can ask for is my name and birth date if i am walking around. they do not have the authority to ask for my DL or proof of sale unless i have done something wrong (they can run the serial number though). if i am driving it has to be in view so on the passengers seat. and yes it is always loaded. (if you are under the age of 21 and own a hand gun and want to carry it check with your local ordnance they can make there own rules, also be careful on where you do go some places guns are not allowed some gas stations for instants if you are in one of the areas that they are not allowed you will be charged the same as carrying a concealed gun which inturn means you can not conceal a gun until the age of 25 and which you still will not be an automatic yes on the decision process) just thought i would help out.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:14 AM
teamULTRASPEED

Originally Posted by alcfourlife
I know this is old but o well i am 19 and have a para 1911 s/f .45 14+1 i bought it from a friend i do carry it in a holster, i have talked to more than 13 cops in different area's they all say i can carry it. i have talked to a cap. i have talked to a capital popo i have talked to a few state popo's all they can ask for is my name and birth date if i am walking around. they do not have the authority to ask for my DL or proof of sale unless i have done something wrong (they can run the serial number though). if i am driving it has to be in view so on the passengers seat. and yes it is always loaded. (if you are under the age of 21 and own a hand gun and want to carry it check with your local ordnance they can make there own rules, also be careful on where you do go some places guns are not allowed some gas stations for instants if you are in one of the areas that they are not allowed you will be charged the same as carrying a concealed gun which inturn means you can not conceal a gun until the age of 25 and which you still will not be an automatic yes on the decision process) just thought i would help out.
It's already been cover. No need to check local ordinances.

21+ to buy gun from FFL
18+ to buy gun from private sale (At the discretion of the seller to sell to those younger than 21)

nodplzthx
Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I1II1I1

robdaman has disabled reputation

still got the kimber i can do 600 if picked up
Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

tlmlewis76 has disabled reputation

While on the topic of 18 year old persons I believe I read somewhere that they can open carry and not conceal carry. Is this correct?
bump by the way both very nice guns