Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by vangorder
Welp... The R6 went yesterday. Sold it within two hours of putting it up on craigslist. Nice clean transaction, probably the best I've ever had on CL...

Now on to the next one...
[IMG]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5130/imagexxb.jpg[IMG]
I'm trying to do the same thing, except not the 48, just a 1200.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by vangorder
Welp... The R6 went yesterday. Sold it within two hours of putting it up on craigslist. Nice clean transaction, probably the best I've ever had on CL...

Now on to the next one...
you should let me bob that a bit, put inverted forks, a 2 into 1 exhaust and a bigger tank on it.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

So whatever happened to skrooze
Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Alright so... I'm an advocate of ATGATT. But even I recognize when it's overkill. This guy is trying to tell me that open face helmets are completely unacceptable anytime. Ever. Like... if you're pushing your bike around in the driveway you better be wearing full leather race gear.

He says that even if I'm riding slower than most bicyclists ride around my neighborhood, a 3/4 face helmet is not sufficient.
By that same logic... shouldn't the 10 year old flying by me on his huffy be wearing a full face helmet and leather jump suit?
Maybe I should call CPS on the kid's parents?

I like to cruise up the street and say hi to my neighbors, or go from house to house and stop by to say 'what's up'.
Doing this in a full face helmet is impossible without turning off the bike or removing my helmet completely. Or getting off the bike and walking far away from it so I can talk without taking my helmet off.

You guys think I'm being a hypocrite for compromising my protection a little?

I understand "to each their own" and "dress for a fall" but if I fall at a walking pace I doubt I'll be needing a full face helmet. I do still wear my jacket and gloves though.

Originally Posted by djgrom
So whatever happened to skrooze
he's on the loose
Old 04-19-2011, 08:44 AM
LaShawn

icwatudidthar
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
Alright so... I'm an advocate of ATGATT. But even I recognize when it's overkill. This guy is trying to tell me that open face helmets are completely unacceptable anytime. Ever. Like... if you're pushing your bike around in the driveway you better be wearing full leather race gear.

He says that even if I'm riding slower than most bicyclists ride around my neighborhood, a 3/4 face helmet is not sufficient.
By that same logic... shouldn't the 10 year old flying by me on his huffy be wearing a full face helmet and leather jump suit?
Maybe I should call CPS on the kid's parents?

I like to cruise up the street and say hi to my neighbors, or go from house to house and stop by to say 'what's up'.
Doing this in a full face helmet is impossible without turning off the bike or removing my helmet completely. Or getting off the bike and walking far away from it so I can talk without taking my helmet off.

You guys think I'm being a hypocrite for compromising my protection a little?

I understand "to each their own" and "dress for a fall" but if I fall at a walking pace I doubt I'll be needing a full face helmet. I do still wear my jacket and gloves though.
I kinda agree... yet there are some overkills in your statements. I will never ride any bike in anything less than a modular. I dont believe that a modular is as good as a full face but I see it as better than a 3/4 or bell helmet.

I say this because I have always been afraid of hitting my head and knocking myself out. Then being out of it ... sliding on my face. It is not worth it to me. So I wont ride in anything that doesnt have face protection.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Band

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
I kinda agree... yet there are some overkills in your statements. I will never ride any bike in anything less than a modular. I dont believe that a modular is as good as a full face but I see it as better than a 3/4 or bell helmet.

I say this because I have always been afraid of hitting my head and knocking myself out. Then being out of it ... sliding on my face. It is not worth it to me. So I wont ride in anything that doesnt have face protection.
At the speeds I'm riding, there is no sliding. The shit would just fall over. When I say cruise, I mean idle in 1st.

I usually give people a hard time for not being super protected simply because where I live is not bike friendly.
People just refuse to look when they change lanes. Follow way too closely. Cars try to lane-share with bikes, signal left and merge right. Stop at green lights at the bottom of a hill.

Then again, it seems like half the bike accidents I see where a bike is involved, the bike was stationary (rear ended, or car spun out and took out bike, etc...) So maybe all that gear won't help you at all.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:50 AM
LaShawn

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT

I know a guy who wrecked and hooked himself with his brake lever. Full Face no matter what I am riding.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by djgrom
I know a guy who wrecked and hooked himself with his brake lever. Full Face no matter what I am riding.
You could have a full on and still hook your throat though, not talking down your guy or anything. Shit happens... I tell my dad all the time to go get a full lid.

Oh, and my new slave is leaking now. Why can't you just replace the 15c oring when you took it off the first time?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Band

Originally Posted by AfricanChild
You could have a full on and still hook your throat though, not talking down your guy or anything. Shit happens... I tell my dad all the time to go get a full lid.

Oh, and my new slave is leaking now. Why can't you just replace the 15c oring when you took it off the first time?
gfd seriously? take it back and tell them they did it wrong.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread