Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:44 AM
armed teetotaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:55 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Gawd that headlight. I've always wanted to go find a junkyard with some ancient cars, grab a headlight like that and swap in modern lighting.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered member

BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap BrapSlap

Originally Posted by monopolizedinc
Its aggravating on so many levels.
No better way to learn, right? Glad to hear you're okay! Bike doesn't look too hurt either.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Im Red Bitches

monopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BrapSlap
No better way to learn, right? Glad to hear you're okay! Bike doesn't look too hurt either.
I guess thats true thanks man nothing bad other than plastics and the brake pedal. Going to leave it as is for a while so I can muck it up more as i'm sure i will with my current track record so far

Thanks again im fine glad there was no traffic. It could have been much worse
Old 08-31-2013, 09:25 AM
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

Old 08-31-2013, 06:15 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Any advice on riding my bike to my track day? Trying to go this weekend out in Alabama (Lil Tally). It's a 90min ride from Atlanta. I don't know anyone with a truck. Renting a truck would cost $100 which I really can't afford. I would pack my backpack with food, wrenches, and tape. The only thing I would have to do is remove my mirrors once there.

From what I gathered the two big drawbacks from riding bike to the TD would be, being exhausted and not wanting to bike back home. And more importantly the case I wreck and the bike is un-rideable. I'm not too worried about being tired, I did a track day last year and wasn't exhausted afterwards, tired but not exhausted. Now wrecking, just knock on wood I won't. This will be my 2nd TD so I plan on taking it easy.

I've tried hard seeing if I could get the back transported there by some other local bike bruhs but doesn't seem like it will happen. I have one maybe and one said he'd do it for free. He just lives 45mins away and I would have to drop bike off night before. Then some how get a ride back to my house in ATL. And then pick bike up after the weekend is over. I suppose I could do that. Just don't know how I would get to where he lives.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:00 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

I have only visited with intent, though not actually participated, but the gear you should bring to ensure the bike is prepped properly can't be carried with, (stands, air tank to aid in adjusting tire pressure all the tools/refreshments needed) and in the event you have a spill, that means you're forced to hire a more expensive truck to get it back home.

My advice (for future events given the , get a hidden hitch installed on your celica, get an inexpensive 4X8 trailer and just pull it to and from, You'll be glad you did, a 4x8 flat trailer unless you live in an apartment can easily be stored upside a fence or house with minimal obstruction.

And realistically you can get the hitch/trailer and have it registered for under 500 if you look for the right deal.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:07 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by paperassgasket
I've fucked up and known it while I was doing it... yet I was unable to stop doing it. Can't explain how you can be aware of your fuck up, but unable to stop it.
Because angular velocity and gravity work faster than you can react when things do go south. All you can do is go (in your head) "awe fuck, slide, stay aware and glad I have some gear on".
Old 08-31-2013, 08:08 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Schlitz

This thing is tits on may levels. What a cool modern classic.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:22 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Letze
I have only visited with intent, though not actually participated, but the gear you should bring to ensure the bike is prepped properly can't be carried with, (stands, air tank to aid in adjusting tire pressure all the tools/refreshments needed) and in the event you have a spill, that means you're forced to hire a more expensive truck to get it back home.

My advice (for future events given the , get a hidden hitch installed on your celica, get an inexpensive 4X8 trailer and just pull it to and from, You'll be glad you did, a 4x8 flat trailer unless you live in an apartment can easily be stored upside a fence or house with minimal obstruction.

And realistically you can get the hitch/trailer and have it registered for under 500 if you look for the right deal.
All those tools you named I don't even have lol. My main concern is wrecking even though I could probably put it in another guy's trailer and just have to pick it up from his place. I still would be stuck in Alabama. Man this is complicated. I need to figure out soon b/c spots for novice group are filling up.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread