Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Shops in the area

Old 10-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shops in the area

Originally Posted by GaRn
I would recommend doing the work yourself, I would never trust ANYONE else..

If not, give me a call I can help out/give advice, for free of course.

There is nothing wrong with doing it yourself, I have done a hell of a lot to my car my self, but if you know you are in over your head it's better to let some one that knows do it. It's a lot hard an more frustrating to fix some one else’s screw ups then it is to do a install.

My dad’s a jeweler and there’s nothing better then getting a ring in with a fallen out stone where some smuck tried to reset it with a butter knife!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:58 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
There is nothing wrong with doing it yourself, I have done a hell of a lot to my car my self, but if you know you are in over your head it's better to let some one that knows do it. It's a lot hard an more frustrating to fix some one else’s screw ups then it is to do a install.

My dad’s a jeweler and there’s nothing better then getting a ring in with a fallen out stone where some smuck tried to reset it with a butter knife!!!
Jacob? Jacob da jewla?

Seriously though.. I might have to talk to your dad about an engagement ring in the relatively near future. Does he give DragVA discounts?
Old 10-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts1DAking is infamous around these parts

yea i might have to do it myself cause i definitely am not familiar with the area i just dont have time but i think after i see that i have only one option. i will find time one way or another.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

What do you need done? If it's not too involved (like tearing an engine apart) I can do it. I have a lift and all the tools you would need.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
there a point you're trying to make?
Yea, there is, People who work on your car will never take as much care/time as you would yourself.. There MAY be some rare people/cases but then money comes into play.. and part of the point of being an auto enthusiast is building the car imo.. And no, I was not referring to Joey since I know thats what your getting at, I'm sure he probably does some of the better work out there.

srt4hokie, yea there will be stuff that people cant do because of lack of certain tools/knowledge/daring..
Old 10-27-2004, 01:30 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by GaRn
Yea, there is, People who work on your car will never take as much care/time as you would yourself.. There MAY be some rare people/cases but then money comes into play.. and part of the point of being an auto enthusiast is building the car imo.. And no, I was not referring to Joey since I know thats what your getting at, I'm sure he probably does some of the better work out there.

srt4hokie, yea there will be stuff that people cant do because of lack of certain tools/knowledge/daring..

actually, i beg to differ that statement. i take pride and care in all cars i work on, whether they are pieces of shit or my own car. in fact, i care less about my car then most other peoples cars (just ask around as to how long my car sat dead while i built cars for other people )

it is a broad ballsy statement saying that most mechanics dont take pride in their work. i know of a few (granted, they are getting few and far between) but i do see your point about the enthusiast thing though. i will have to admit i hate most enthusiasts with a passion, due to the fact they have been on the internet researching things, and think they know more about their car then the person they have working on it.

if ya know so much, why arent you doing the work?

the point i am making is that there are some people out there that do put forth the time, effort, and blood (more of that then anything else ) that have this thing called PRIDE.

pride, common sense, honesty, commitment, and manners are something that i have noticed a severe decline in lately though
Old 10-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I don't see anything your wrote that I disagree with.. I'm extremely anal about my stuff, like obsessive compulsively.. anyone on here that knows me well can vouche for that lol!

There isn't a thing that I haven't personally done to my car(besides tires mounted/alignment), and that includes my transmission problems the beginning of the summer.. I had never done any transmission work but there is a first for everything I guess.. All I know is that my tranny is working now
Old 10-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

flynlow has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
actually, i beg to differ that statement. i take pride and care in all cars i work on, whether they are pieces of shit or my own car. in fact, i care less about my car then most other peoples cars (just ask around as to how long my car sat dead while i built cars for other people )

it is a broad ballsy statement saying that most mechanics dont take pride in their work. i know of a few (granted, they are getting few and far between) but i do see your point about the enthusiast thing though. i will have to admit i hate most enthusiasts with a passion, due to the fact they have been on the internet researching things, and think they know more about their car then the person they have working on it.

if ya know so much, why arent you doing the work?

the point i am making is that there are some people out there that do put forth the time, effort, and blood (more of that then anything else ) that have this thing called PRIDE.

pride, common sense, honesty, commitment, and manners are something that i have noticed a severe decline in lately though
will you be my mechanic?
Old 10-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by flynlow
will you be my mechanic?
fuck that~ will you be my lover?
Old 10-27-2004, 04:43 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

all people want me for is sex, sex, sex.

damn.

Quick Reply: Shops in the area