Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

new autox event locations in Hampton Roads??

Old 02-20-2004, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stang4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new autox event locations in Hampton Roads??

racing at night would be cool. as for the kmart on holand they say the parking lot is open for use but you got to go through the manager of course. everyone that gets kicked out is because we are there illegaly and people are stupid about it. just incase any body wanted to look into it.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

What goes on in the Kmart lot???

The only reason I metioned it is b/c my parents live over that way and I see it wide open all the time.

I don't even want to hear that there is "unsanctioned" hot-rodding going-on on that lot. That's exactly why we can't get any event sites.

Ed
Old 02-20-2004, 09:32 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

VMSC might lose Cloverleaf Mall soon, due to new ownership, but don't quote me on that.

speaking of Military Circle mall, i don't go by there, but i noticed a "Dump" furniture store across the street from it. Aren't they only open on certain days. it's a pretty big lot if i remember correctly. just an idea.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:04 AM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lightningd
VMSC might lose Cloverleaf Mall soon, due to new ownership, but don't quote me on that.

speaking of Military Circle mall, i don't go by there, but i noticed a "Dump" furniture store across the street from it. Aren't they only open on certain days. it's a pretty big lot if i remember correctly. just an idea.

Yep.. The dump would be a nice lot.. But they are open Friday, Sat, and Sun if I remember correctly.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:30 AM
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to an autox at ft. monroe one time, and that was a blast because it was like a road coarse feel because of the small taxi ways. There is also Newmarket North Mall on Mercury in Hampton. It is dead as a doornail except for sears on one side of the building. Everybody else has pulled out.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:05 AM

stang4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

no no one was racing at that kmart but they didnt even like us just parking and hanging out there.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:08 AM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Newmarket is a good possibility. We used to run at Newmarket South, and the people at the mall loved having us there. Back then it was very sleepy and business was slow. On Sundays we ran all the small stores would be so busy they planned on extra staff compared to a normal Sunday. I think the City stopped us because there was a bus route through the lot or something that had to be re-directed.... for the 3 people who rode the bus on Sunday.

Newmarket North (back when it was a busy and fairly new mall) used to ask us to put on car shows inside the mall for promotions. They were interested in us running events there, but we could not for some reason. I can't remember what it was, but it could probably be worked around now.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Autocross.US

jimbalaya has disabled reputation

I'll have to check out new market and the kmart on holland road.
The Dump parking lot has too many light posts and is probably too small.
I'll be keeping a lookout for sites when i'm out and about.

-jim
Old 03-01-2004, 04:02 PM
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

I wish we could have a place like cloverleaf mall for our local autocrossing...I did the subaru challenge up there...there were very minor differences in elivation but the course was much smoother and a lot faster.
I'll be keeping an eye out even more so than before now that it is on the mind...the super K mart lot would be coo though