Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

804 vs. 757

Old 12-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R
Default Re: 804 vs. 757

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
10 minutes which way from RIR? that is going to make a big difference...
10 mins heading towards 95

from RIR you would basically head down Leburnam Ave(sp) toward where it deadends at. Yeah in a nutshell thats where I would be working at
Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

94integnva has disabled reputation

richmond area around the track or henrico or hanover.. been living in Highland Spring almost whole life its a nice place if you dont make enemys.. but anyways you want somthing close.. if you need to take a interstate than get summing around 295 because you dont want 64-95 they always will back up everyday in the afternoon sometimes in the mornings to
Old 12-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by clemsondave
WAAAAY less traffic than Va Bch/Norfolk. Except maybe Short Pump this time of year.

Most expensive - West End/Short Pump. Argueably the best schools (if that is important)

Trendy - The Fan. Carytown. Area just west of the city. Old houses. Very cool. If I was single, this is where I would be.

Best bargains - hate to say it, but Southside. Little more traffic and not quite as nice (on average) as the West End, but still a very nice area.

Stay away - east end

Not a fan of Petersburg, sorry
hit the nail on the head
Also places around the airport and RIR are kinda ghetto
I really dislike mechanicsville and highland springs
Old 12-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

NYSEownsme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
hit the nail on the head
Also places around the airport and RIR are kinda ghetto
I really dislike mechanicsville and highland springs
Yes, around RIR the neighborhoods are bad. But homes and neighborhoods around the airport are just fine.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

ponycar is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking for a home , condo, apartment? Great spot is near Virginia Center Commons. Upscale apartments there, some subsidized apartments there and the Links Condos. Pretty much any shopping imaginable within 20 minutes drive, 20 minutes to the Cavalier or CSX yard and its a district were new homes are still being built. Access to 295/95 gets you to 64 quickly also.I lived in the Links before it went condo. (On the golf course)
Old 12-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R Capt'N R

Originally Posted by ponycar
Looking for a home , condo, apartment? Great spot is near Virginia Center Commons. Upscale apartments there, some subsidized apartments there and the Links Condos. Pretty much any shopping imaginable within 20 minutes drive, 20 minutes to the Cavalier or CSX yard and its a district were new homes are still being built. Access to 295/95 gets you to 64 quickly also.I lived in the Links before it went condo. (On the golf course)

I just came back from Richmond again today from my job interview, if all went well thats where I would be working ,the CSX yard that is. So basically I'm looking for an apartment to call "home" around the area mentioned above.

The area that I was at today was located right off of 64 at the Boulevard exit, I dont know if thats considered "downtown" or anything but I was impressed with the commute from Portsmouth. Once again getting off of the (757)southside and up around Fort Eustis were the only slowdowns i reached.

How much does rent run up that way for a single bed room? Im probably going to get told to keep my ass in the 757, but a freind of mine that lives in VaBeach pays basically around $570 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment in a Very Nice and peaceful neighborhood. Can I expect the same up there or more or less?
Old 12-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

For a nice apartment expect more. For a student budget apartment, the area south of Broad Street to VCU and East of the Boulevard is known as the Fan". There are more expensive apartments in that area also. West of the Boulevard and South of Broad is a more expensive area. The area I mentioned earlier at 295/95 (Virginia Center Commons) has all of the above. The immediate area near CSX is less than desirable. $570/month is VERY low rent for this area and unless you are in the Fan area, I would assume you are "in the hood". Richmond still has a tight housing supply situation wih new construction rolling along. FYI... I have also lived in the Fan, and West of the Boulevard and Southside. If I was you, keeping in mind not knowing the finances involved, I would look in any of the areas I mentioned.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Im going to take a little ride out today see whats up. ^

Thanks for all the replies, please guys keep them coming.
No one lives in Petersburg with info?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

JDMS1eeper has disabled reputation

last time i went to petersburg, i had my wheels stolen! (3 weeks ago) and the whole time we were at the party, all that was talked about is how bad the gangs, drugs and shootings are in the area.

I live in (enon) Chester and LOVE it. I traveled to 295/mechanicsville area daily and was about a 35-40 minutes trip. The fan is a nice area and you'll find A LOT to do around the area, but its more of a college scene.

good luck
Old 12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Petersburg is about 90% black while the areas aroud it, Colonial Heights/Hopewell (the tricities) are 90% white. P'burg has a high crime rate, low infrastructure and alot of old homes.

Quick Reply: 804 vs. 757