Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Wheel spacers

Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Wheel spacers

Originally Posted by Rey Mysterio
there could be any story behind that. Maybe that car got in a wrecked and flipped a few times, you never know. That spacer looks like it was beat to hell.
It does... I'm willing to bet the lugs weren't properly torqued...

I hear you're the honda wheel fitment expert... What should I go w/?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio

you would be fine with anywhere between 15-30mm. The higher you go youll need fender work.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

you would be fine with anywhere between 15-30mm. The higher you go youll need fender work.
I gathered that much... I was thinkin a 25? maybe? How would the fitment be on oem steelies?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio

you should be pretty close. If I put a 25mm on my wheels, Id be right at the fender. Mine are 16x7 +45.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Zerofucksgiven

you should be pretty close. If I put a 25mm on my wheels, Id be right at the fender. Mine are 16x7 +45.
Thats fine... I'll live then... If anything, I'll pull the fenders...

I got another one for ya... Hopefully next year I'll be ordering my DRWs... I'm plannin on going w/ a 15x7 +25... How close to the fender will that get me? I'm not lookin for pure cosmetic appeal w/ this... I do want the car to be trackable and functional as well as look good... So I don't wanna be ballin around a track and my tire snatch my fender...
Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

i dont think youll want drw's then. They are heavy and bend easily.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

brian is the one to talk to about drw's though.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Zerofucksgiven

i dont think youll want drw's then. They are heavy and bend easily.
From what I was lookin at on their site they're pretty light for steelies... I'm not concerned about a couple extra pounds...
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

H&R isn't the only way to go on spacers,just stay away from thr swiss-cheese,cheaply cast looking units.I had a set of them in 5mm break on me after some track use,although I really think on the street they'd be fine as long as you properly torque your lugs.On my EG with 15x7/205-50s/38mm offset I'm running 10mm spacers with a little roll.They're still far from hellastoopidflush,but it's as far as I can go and still be totally functional.
Definitely go hubcentric,and you'll definitely need extended studs.
For stock steelies,you could probably go almost any size you want without much problem,assuming you're running a 185ish or smaller tire.I'd say 20mm would be a good shot.You could measure from the tire sidewall out to wherever you'll encounter interferance to get a pretty good idea.
Chris
Old 12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

i have my OEM ep3 16's spaced out in the rear...its just a round spacer with holes for lugs to go thru, maybe 10mm thick. haven't had any problems, although when they were on the front (previous owner had em on jsut the front. idk why...) my front wheels would vibrate when i hit 60ish.

im wanting to see how funny your car will look with oem steelies flushedout.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers