Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

is it illegal to have your front license plate behind the front grill?

Old 04-17-2003, 12:29 AM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation

like nate said, its illegal to have anything covering your plate but i doubt you'd get a ticket for it. ive been pulled like 4 times in my prelude when i didnt have a front plate, twice by the same cop, and never got a ticket. most of them will let you off with a warning for something as little as that but... if you drive a ricemobile... prepare to get a ticket.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:57 AM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Hmm i dont know about that. Here in gloucester i never got messed with for no plate. Buy in NN everyone once in awhile id get pulled for no plate.

And i go to richmond alot and those damn cops that sit in the "authorized vehicle only lanes" always make there damn asses come after me for no damn plate. How pathetic. I got tired of just throwing 60 bucks out the window, so i put it on.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:08 AM
i need a beer!

QUIS23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i just got a ticket for no front plate up here in NovA --shit is gonna cost me $73.00 fucking dollars!!
Old 04-17-2003, 06:22 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

ya i just leave mine on so i dont worry...maybe when i start going to the races i might take it off...there is a aftermarket part for your license plate...its pretty much just a small electric motor and a switch for your dash that rectracts ur plate under your bumper...dont know how much though...juz my .02
Old 04-17-2003, 07:14 AM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

no its not illegal...i have several much older friends that have it there on the avenger body kit right? they havent gotteen any tickets for it...jes have it where it can be noticeed that it is there
Old 04-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

stock ford is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think i'm going to even worry about it. If there's any question of getting pulled for something like that I rather just leave it on the outside. I just thought it would look better with it behind the grill.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Eat a ding ding...

DrOpPeDRiCe is on a distinguished road

dude you live in va, you should know somethin little like that is illegal...
Old 04-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

i don't have them on my truck...Id like to see them come in my garage and give me ticket...fuck 1x fucken pork sandwiches...come get me pussies. hahahaah
Old 04-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by soulDistortion
if it's thick enough to obscure the numbers, then probably.
Yup, it's illegal if the cop wants it to be. I had a friend who didn't feel like washing his car during the snow storms we had because it was too cold and what not. Got pulled for speeding and was written a ticket b/c his back plate was covered in snow/sand/muck build up. He got out of it in court, but he still got the ticket.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally posted by oneslow4dr
no its not illegal...i have several much older friends that have it there on the avenger body kit right? they havent gotteen any tickets for it...jes have it where it can be noticeed that it is there
WTF? here we go again...just because you haven't gotten stopped doesn't mean its legal...just to put this into perspective, say you're racing someone on the interstate doing 120 MPH like a stupidass...and if you don't caught then you're saying its not illegal?

think about it...

Quick Reply: is it illegal to have your front license plate behind the front grill?