Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car Club of Va Tech Meeting

Old 01-14-2003, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IJSaul is an unknown quantity at this point

HighPSI TSi Guy (Dave) is just fooking around. We have a the UVA Car Club that we run with around here. Our team challenges your team to a showdown! Gum tape death-a-match! -Ian
Old 01-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

sounds good to me.

dragstrip?

what kind of cars do you have?
Old 01-14-2003, 01:29 PM

The only thing we do right now is drag and drink... We want to start getting into Auto-X like you guys do.

As for cars: 2 Stangs, 2001 M3 SMG, CRX, Ghetto Sled, and my DSM. Too many more to list... What track do you guys usually run at? -Ian
Old 01-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

cool.

I've been going to natural bridge every once in a while...it's close, and not too expensive. For 1/4mi we've been going to Bristol.

Jeff
Old 01-14-2003, 01:35 PM

http://www.cavbooks.com/forum/showth...&threadid=1222
Old 01-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

ijsaul - i wouldn't mind representing VT in a dsm vs. dsm race

marshall
Old 01-14-2003, 01:55 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by IJSaul
The only thing we do right now is drag and drink... We want to start getting into Auto-X like you guys do.

As for cars: 2 Stangs, 2001 M3 SMG, CRX, Ghetto Sled, and my DSM. Too many more to list... What track do you guys usually run at? -Ian
you forgot my DSMs.. we should get adam too.. and also DJ's colt

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 01-14-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:57 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by marshall
ijsaul - i wouldn't mind representing VT in a dsm vs. dsm race

marshall
what about chris? hmm... i'll race that kid with the NT using my NT
Old 01-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Drive it like a bus!

Viperenvy is an unknown quantity at this point

The idea of a JMU vs VT vs UVA car club matchup at natural bridge has potential maybe. Could probably set up a seperated set of runs there if we get it arranged in time. Have to lay some ground rules of course like an actual member of the club and not a friend of a friend sorta thing or borrowing someone's car that isn't in the club. Also have to figure out would the fastest time of whatever club decides who wins or do a showdown of the top three, etc, etc. Such an event would probably actually gain a lot of exposure and interest for each car club and could be used as an opportunity to get alumni donations for each club. Come on we all know how some rich alumni will throw money to anything associated with their school. By the way, the car club of virginia tech is HIGHLY interested in such a "showdown" for this spring semester. Natural bridge might be the best bet since it is somewhat closer to JMU and UVA. Bristol would be nice but thats a pretty big trip for you UVA and JMU guys unless you didn't mind. The track and pit areas at Bristol are VERY nice compared to natural bridge but it would probably be easier to get a seperated set of runs for a club showdown at NB.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:21 PM

leloz leloz leloz leloz leloz leloz

When I was president of the UVA car club (August 2000-May 2002), it was a little more organized and there were planned meetings almost every week. I am sure this semester will be more organized and maybe some more community service events will be held along with hands on/lecture sessions. We have held information sessions on everything from the basics of the engine, suspension systems, car stereo equipment, etc. There are plenty of knowlegable people in the UVA car club. In the past we have drag raced at MIR, the Richmond Dragway, and Sumerduck. We tried to meet up with MM (JMU) a couple times, but no luck in them showing up. The VT club should come down one of the Richmond Dragway events starting in March.
Lataz,
Lelo

Quick Reply: Car Club of Va Tech Meeting