Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car dies, then comes back to life.......

Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Car dies, then comes back to life.......

Originally Posted by ProPixel
In tank fuel filter?
you have a fuel filter in the engine bay there is a rubber fuel line that runs to the fuel rail, the fuel pump has a filter on it...but if you order a new complete fuel pump it will come with a new filter
Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
make 7 UP yours

dXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond repute

would pull the old pump first, wasn't getting fuel, so got a new pump, the hose on it just was degraded inside the tank, old pump was fine and thats why you could still hear it click on so it was just spraying inside the tank. still changed it out, had over 100K on the body on original pump so whatever but its a simple fix.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

1.8Crx has disabled reputation

dizzy
Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by 1.8Crx
dizzy
how are you going to come in here and use a one word sentence ? you don't even care to explain why you would say dizzy to begin with?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Zombie car noooooooooo....
damnit. i came in here to make a zombie joke. way to ruin it.

but this sounds very similar to what happened when the fuel pump died on my dads taurus.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:04 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

put a fuel pressure guage on it and watch it as it dies...if your fuel is the issue you will be able to see it drop...
Old 11-20-2010, 03:08 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

So today I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs and wires and I still have the same problem.
I found out today that the car will shut off after a while of being idling. Then it takes about 10 mins for it to start back up. It looks to me that its temperature related? Still not throwing any codes. If I crank it for about 5 seconds, the CEL will come on but it won't stay on whenever the car starts again so I can't even get a code to reference from.

Could it be a sensor somewhere?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

excelllent use of personification
Old 11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by Dillonc
excelllent use of diagnosing
could have saved all that money by paying a shop ti tell you whats wrong...

but hey,look on the bright side...now you have a car with new fuel pump,filter,plugs and wires that cuts off
Old 11-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Top Kitty

ymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the rough

Just a shot in the dark but have you checked the main relay? Even if you can hear it clicking doesn't always mean it is good. Honda's are notorious for the main relay failing especially when the weather starts to turn cold. It can cut the fuel supply and imitate the symptoms of a bad fuel pump. Pull the mr and check all of the connections for cracks etc. This is a pic of one that I had to solder a couple years ago, the spot I had to fix should be pretty obvious lol. It was cracked all to hell and wasn't making a good connection.

I've had this happen to both of my cars, two weeks ago I was at a light when my car died. Just happened I had been doing work that week so the dash panel was off. I gave the mr a good whack and got the car started back up so I could get it home and replace the mr.

Quick Reply: Car dies, then comes back to life.......