Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

auto tech schools

Old 10-03-2005, 04:42 PM
TRU
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: auto tech schools

thanks asshat...just trying to help, haha
Old 10-03-2005, 06:13 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by EF-CRX
what are you talking about , you must not know shit about the industry. mechanics are not what they used to be times have changed. My cousin makes over 100k just doing safety inspection/emiss for a toyota dealership.

unless this is in a very high living expense area, i will wave the BS flag on that.

just doing inspections and emissions for a dealership will not pay that good, believe me.

if he does driveability and electrical, yes....but not just inspections.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Company Man

LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE

what are you talking about , you must not know shit about the industry. mechanics are not what they used to be times have changed. My cousin makes over 100k just doing safety inspection/emiss for a toyota dealership.

"A hyperbole, largely synonymous with exaggeration and overstatement, is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated or extravagant. It may be used due to strong feelings or is used to create a strong impression and is not meant to be taken literally. It gives greater emphasis. It is often used in poetry and is a literary device.

Some examples of hyperboles include:

"He is as big as a house!"
"I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!"
"That's the worst idea in the world."
The antonym to hyperbole is understatement.

In show business, hyperbole (known as hype or media hype) is the practice of spending money on public relations in an attempt to bolster public interest in (for example) a movie, television show, or performing artist. Often the entertainment value of the thing being hyped is exaggerated."
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

NissanNX has disabled reputation

are you serious UTI is opening up here in Loudoun? Thats awesome!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:49 AM
NOVAS FINEST

Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point

Come on man. Your bull shit doesnt work on me.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:38 AM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

Originally Posted by Dr. On Point
Do yourself to favor and leave cars alone. Go to a real school.
I will second that comment. I used to think the same thing after high school "I'm going to be a mechanic and make 100K a year" Sure there are mechanics that do make that, but they are few and far between.

The amount of hours you work a week, the physical stress you exert on your body......back..knees. For most, it takes many years to make decent money. All the money you will spend on tools and certifications could be better spent on getting a college degree.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but don't expect to come out of any tech school making 100K.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Registered member

T-Hybrid#2 has disabled reputation

Uti is alot of places.....Im going to UTi / NTI in mooresville Nc.....NTI = Nascar Tech Inst..Its a part of UTI...
Old 10-04-2005, 09:32 AM
NOVAS FINEST

Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point Dr. On Point

Originally Posted by Asleeper
I will second that comment. I used to think the same thing after high school "I'm going to be a mechanic and make 100K a year" Sure there are mechanics that do make that, but they are few and far between.

The amount of hours you work a week, the physical stress you exert on your body......back..knees. For most, it takes many years to make decent money. All the money you will spend on tools and certifications could be better spent on getting a college degree.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but don't expect to come out of any tech school making 100K.

For real. Starting salary is around 30+K. That might be a lot of money to you, but it aint shit for me. Considering how expensive it is to live around here and just get by, 30K isnt going to cut it.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:53 AM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

Originally Posted by Dr. On Point
For real. Starting salary is around 30+K. That might be a lot of money to you, but it aint shit for me. Considering how expensive it is to live around here and just get by, 30K isnt going to cut it.
50K is barely enough to live comfortably around here.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:26 AM

02lightning has disabled reputation

too bad your chances are slim as hell of getting onto a nascar team after attending their nascar class... the uti rep even said so himself....only the best of the best

Quick Reply: auto tech schools