Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wont idle

Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lsvtecSCbeast has disabled reputation
Default Re: wont idle

Originally Posted by PrecisionAuto
First check for vacume leaks. If none are found then remove IAC and clean it. Then clean your throtle body and air bypass screw would recomend removing it as carbon will build up inside the ports, clean that also. If you have a thermal fast idle valve check to see if it is still in adjustment, if not then adjust it. Then check your TPS voltage and make sure it is in spec, if not adjust it. then check you base timing. Also make sure your coolent system does not have any air pockets and topped of properly. After checking thses items and problem is still not solved let us know.
This guy is right its 1 of these problems ive been through it alot!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

magikstik2k3 has disabled reputation

if there is an air pocket in the coolant system. what is the best way to remove it. i have heard remove the radiator cap and let it run til temp. and when the thermostat opens and both hoses feel the same temperature to turn the heater on hottest setting and the fan on high til the coolant fan cycles twice, of course you have to make sure you keep filling the radiator when the level goes down. i have also heard that you need to have the cap on and just maintain the level in the reservoir during this process.

also i have been told that you can take the screw located near the thermostat and crack it open til fluid runs out and then you know it is fine.

i am not sure exactly how it works or what you are supposed to do, so i would appreciate it if someone would clarify this for me.

i have the same idle problem, but recently it now surges while in drive and stopping at lights. whether the car is cold or not has no bearing on when this surge happens while in gear and stopped.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

magikstik2k3 has disabled reputation

i am not sure if it makes a difference or not, but while in park or neutral the idle suges from 1000-1500rpm +/-, but if i am in gear and stopped (sporatic, doesnt happen all the time, but is becoming more frequent) the idle is 1000-2000rpm and the "pulse" is much faster. the difference is so great that i have to put it in P or N so that it doesnt rev as high and so fast.... but as soon as i put it back in gear and hit the gas it stops and runs like a dream.

thanks again for your time.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are in the 757 pm me. I can fix it for you for a small fee.