Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any good Chinese Restaurants?

Old 07-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R
Default Re: Any good Chinese Restaurants?

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
There is no real chinese food around here
yep but the closest you are gonna get is probably jade villa on independence blvd b/c they serve dim sum and all that.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I Googled it and nothing came up. So it's offical, there are no good places.

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
Best fucking Tai food I've ever had in my entire life is on 21st street (I know this isn't Chinese). It is called Siam 21 (I believe that is how it is spelled).
I've been there a couple of years ago and it was phenominal. And there is another good Asian one across the street and I can't remember the name.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

bambooi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trookie
PF Chang is "pan-Asian" cuisine, not authentic Chinese. Please avoid takeout joints. That's just asking for diabetes.

My family has been eating at Peking Duck Inn since I was a kid. And also Jade Villa for dim sum, although I think the rest of their food hasn't been as good since they changed management years ago.
Haha damn trookie knows whats up...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by Trookie
PF Chang is "pan-Asian" cuisine, not authentic Chinese. Please avoid takeout joints. That's just asking for diabetes.

My family has been eating at Peking Duck Inn since I was a kid. And also Jade Villa for dim sum, although I think the rest of their food hasn't been as good since they changed management years ago.
Peking Duck gave me food poisoning when I was at work (I worked at the blockbuster right next to it), so I don't eat there anymore. I'll have to try out that Jade Villa place though.

Anyone ever eaten at the Emperial Palace, I think its in the Princess Anne/Baxter shopping center. Pretty damn good food, too.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

After going to NYC eating some great chinese food the stuff here flat out doesn't compare..
Old 07-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

Being from New York, and a big lover of Chinese food, I can tell you that there are plenty of good Chinese places around here. Siam 21 in Ghent is not Chinese, but it is awesome, I love that place. Also all of the Pho Restaurants are great, again not Chinese but Vietnamese.

As far as good chinese goes, there is a good rule of thumb. The scuzzier the place looks from the outside the better the food will taste most likely. Anyway if you are looking for a good buffet on the Va Beach side "China Garden" on Military Highway is good, the Mongolian BBQ right next door is awesome too. A lot of people around Norfolk really like Kins Wok, I think it is ok at best. Hong Kong out in Newport News is great. Peking, by the AMC 24 movie theatre is awesome too.

PF Chang is not Chinese food, it is dumbed down for boring rich white people who get heart burn. It costs too much too.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:08 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by blah
I Googled it and nothing came up. So it's offical, there are no good places.

I've been there a couple of years ago and it was phenominal. And there is another good Asian one across the street and I can't remember the name.
Kotobuki? It is a Japanese place, sushi and other stuff. There is also Rajput (not sure on spelling here either) which is supposed to me freaking amazing Indian food.

I completely forgot about Peking Duck - that is the absolute best Chinese food I have had in VA. I would highly reccomend them as well.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:11 AM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

Originally Posted by Overkill
After going to NYC eating some great chinese food the stuff here flat out doesn't compare..
+1
Old 07-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Trookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tom
Peking Duck gave me food poisoning when I was at work (I worked at the blockbuster right next to it), so I don't eat there anymore. I'll have to try out that Jade Villa place though.

Anyone ever eaten at the Emperial Palace, I think its in the Princess Anne/Baxter shopping center. Pretty damn good food, too.
I've been eating at Peking Duck for over a decade and have never had food poisoning. Then again, I am Asian and have a stomach made of steel haha.

I like the ambience of Imperial Palace, but the food tastes like overpriced take-out.

Originally Posted by Paul
Also all of the Pho Restaurants are great, again not Chinese but Vietnamese.
I'm Vietnamese, and I think all of the pho places are gross. Except Pho 79, which is somewhat acceptable.

Originally Posted by Paul
PF Chang is not Chinese food, it is dumbed down for boring rich white people who get heart burn. It costs too much too.
Yes. You rule.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

dodo94integra has disabled reputation

none really tooo good round here unless ur american but when u had a asian grandmother rest taste like shit unless its reall allthough over in chesapeake a place called samuri is good. best ive tasted round here

Quick Reply: Any good Chinese Restaurants?