Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fuel system cleaner....now car idles high

Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 AM
I have a 20 valve...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Re: fuel system cleaner....now car idles high

Originally Posted by taz757
Looks like your brake booster/brake master cylinder. Why would they touch that?
that's a rubber line. brake lines from the master cylinder are steel.

Try seeing if that tube goes to your intake or to your valve cover.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Mermaider

MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts

Your hose from the booster most likely will run into the intake manifold, either that or there may be a split nearby. Why they would be anywhere near that beats me.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned

boots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by taz757
Looks like your brake booster/brake master cylinder. Why would they touch that?
its the main source of vacuum, therefore it will suck the chemicals into the intake much easier, but i know when i worked at firestone we did a fuel system cleaning on a silverado and ended up fouling the plugs... i dont trust that shit
Old 09-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The STP cleaner is garbage. It's just kerosene and a few other nasty chemicals. That's why it's so cheap.
Reset your ECU, and see if there is any difference.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:04 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by boots
its the main source of vacuum, therefore it will suck the chemicals into the intake much easier, but i know when i worked at firestone we did a fuel system cleaning on a silverado and ended up fouling the plugs... i dont trust that shit
It all depends on if they ran it at a slow easy rate, at around 1500-2000rpm IIRC, however if they just dumped it in and revved the shit out of your car then they obviously just wanted it out of the shop.

That line btw, comes off the brake booster, then joins another line that is connected to the bottom half of the intake mani, it splits right behind/top of the motor.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

I know what they did. We used to do it at one of my old shops I worked at. If you don't do it right and realease too much cleaner at once you will destoy the rings! Never get that done again! It doesn't really even clean the injectors all it does is clean the runners on the intake manifold and clean a little bit of carbin on the pistons.

What probubly happened (which a lot of stupid dick head techs do) was they thought it would be funny to try and bog the engine by forcing too much of the cleaner in at once. Yeah you probubly have washed out rings now! Ihave seen many people do that. I have even seen the motor get hydro locked from doing this! Take your car back asap (get it towed if you can) and say they fucked it up and it won't run right! They will fix it all for free!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:26 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Sr20de-T!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Sr20de-T!!!!!!!
+1
Old 09-12-2006, 10:11 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

crap.....why did i repost so many pix oops

Last edited by CarShowz; 09-12-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:11 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

damnit......how do i just delete these I kept reposting the same pix SORRY

Last edited by CarShowz; 09-12-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply: fuel system cleaner....now car idles high