Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

TSCC Event on 15 June @ Little Creek

Old 06-15-2003, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

JRSCdSi:

I'm not sure what you mean about how the scoring will go? They were recorded, but i don't think we will be using them in the overall championship because of the inaccuracy of manual timing.

What a pain the ass! I need to get up with Kienan and get all that timing gear and go through it all since July has no event for TSCC.

As for the Vipers. 1 of them left when the rain started. They were okay, nothing spectacular, but then again 1) It was raining 2) the car is not designed for small/tight courses.. It's a road track car.

The black one was really trick and had TONS of parts on it. But to be perfectly honest, I was not impressed with the fitment on the hood and nose on it. The gaps were HUGE and pretty ugly.

Mike, I feel for you having to work the 3rd heat. That fucking sucked. The finish beam was working but the cable was gooned.. I got throughly drenched trying to fiix it.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Registered Loser

maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by turbochad

The black one was really trick and had TONS of parts on it. But to be perfectly honest, I was not impressed with the fitment on the hood and nose on it. The gaps were HUGE and pretty ugly.
Heh... two reasons for that. One, it's not an OEM hood (it only costs $2800 vs. the $14,000 an OEM would, that's right... $14,000) and, two, uhh... the front end of that car has been... uhh... rearranged since leaving the factory.

I give both of those guys serious props for bringing their VERY expensive toys out to play... in the rain, no less. I think one of them liked Mini drivers... maybe a bit TOO much.

Andy
Old 06-16-2003, 12:35 PM

JRSCdSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, times got pretty slow once the rain came. Mr. Bleh managed (I believe) a 50 second pass in the wet, and he was the quickest I saw.

The black Viper had an incident with the wall at VIR I think.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:25 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by turbochad
As for the Vipers. 1 of them left when the rain started. They were okay, nothing spectacular, but then again 1) It was raining 2) the car is not designed for small/tight courses.. It's a road track car.

I was timing when the Viper ran. The black one had a driver new to autocrossing, but was pretty good. He ran a 48 something in the rain when he finally found the course. That was the fastest time I saw in the rain, and a bit faster than Tom Bleh. I was sorta impressed considering everything.

Mike, I feel for you having to work the 3rd heat. That fucking sucked. The finish beam was working but the cable was gooned.. I got throughly drenched trying to fiix it. [/B]
I was running then. Thanks to you guys that worked it. I worked the stopwatch in the last heat, it sucked too, but not quite as much. Thanks Chad for the effort witht he timer. Sometimes things just go wrong and everyone does the best they can after that.