Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Pics from Summit Main 5/20

Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pics from Summit Main 5/20

Originally Posted by onepointone
damn man, i was debating going out there. if i knew you were heading up there i probably would of made the trip.

pictures look good man, like you said though, you could get off the bike a little more, but looking damn good.

constructive critisism: sit farther back on the seat, elbows out further, head down lower. when you lean the bike over, you want the bike to be as upright as possible through the turns so you have more contact patch on the tire/ground. (im sure you know that though). when your leaning off, you want you outside elbow to be resting on the tank as a rule of thumb. i cant really tell if your toes are in the right spot, but it looks like if your knee touches your toes will too. i have a bad habbit of burning up right foot toe sliders.

are you going to be at VIR july 8th and 9th? thats probably going to be my next time out.
damn, i thought i let you know i was out there. my next day is main again on june 8th (fri), then vir south on sat july 7th and north on mon august 27th. thanks a lot for the tips. i feel like i need to be back further also but can't get my adjustments right on the rearsets...need to play with it and i know my toes were off on turn 10 (right) and they scraped like you said. everything else your saying is EXACTLY what i need to do. Just wish i could be out there more!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

are you not going to be out there the weekend in june at summit?

if we ever get together, i can show you a few pointers with the bike on the stand. i had a CR show me that way on my first track day and it helped me a lot.

try to work on it, but dont let it distract you. the last thing you want to do is run wide or make some sudden movement midturn. you definitely want to get your form down though, although you dont look bad man.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i'll be out there fri and maybe a couple other days from june 8th weekend. if you're gonna be out there i'll stay up there.

i'll have to see what's up on the stand then for sure...thanks a lot man. yeah, i remember scrapin' my boot and i have before in the mountain but i guess this was just different...everything on the track seems different than the street so i kinda let up a little bit and the bike kinda wobbled (this was turn 10 kinda fast) and i went over the curb and got my speed back. SO ADDICTING!