Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Popping clutch

Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Popping clutch

Originally Posted by dorko
oh? so you can feel it in your foot when you press the pedal?
Exactly. It's a pop feeling, not a sound. I'm beginning to think that the throw out bearing isn't releasing correctly, but what would cause that? I greased it...

And it's definitely sensitive to temperature. When the tranmission is cool, the clutch will travel nice and smooth, but once it's heated up, it'll start popping.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 PM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you check the fork?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 AM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

mine did that after i changed the clutch but after driving it for like a couple hours i dont notcie it anymore unless i drive a different car and then go back to mine. i havent had any problems yet though and its been about 6 months. what kind of clutch? i used exedy