Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help me find a hotel...

Old 07-22-2007, 05:56 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Help me find a hotel...

Originally Posted by NFCstang
hotels.com
I tried hotels.com first but was annoyed when I realized "Virginia Beach" was returned results for Hampton, Newport News, Chesapeake, Williamsburg, etc... If I search for Virginia Beach, I don't feel like I should have to sift through to find out what is actually in the city I'm looking for. I still don't know why Williamsburg is somehow listed. That, to me, seems weird. Newport News is a bit of a drive too isn't it? Maybe nothing extreme, but it certainly isn't that close IMO.

I had good luck with hotels.com when I went to D.C. last weekend though. I stayed in a nice Hilton for like $88 + taxes. It ended up being $101, IIRC, and that was with a few small purchases I made in the "pantry."
Old 07-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

www.travelocity.com

www.orbitz.com

Virginia Beach isn't D.C., so you can't compare. There really aren't THAT many places down there worth staying.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:13 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by blah
www.travelocity.com

www.orbitz.com

Virginia Beach isn't D.C., so you can't compare. There really aren't THAT many places down there worth staying.
Have you personally had luck with either of the above? I've looked at them in the past but never used them.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I tried hotels.com first but was annoyed when I realized "Virginia Beach" was returned results for Hampton, Newport News, Chesapeake, Williamsburg, etc... If I search for Virginia Beach, I don't feel like I should have to sift through to find out what is actually in the city I'm looking for. I still don't know why Williamsburg is somehow listed. That, to me, seems weird. Newport News is a bit of a drive too isn't it? Maybe nothing extreme, but it certainly isn't that close IMO.

I had good luck with hotels.com when I went to D.C. last weekend though. I stayed in a nice Hilton for like $88 + taxes. It ended up being $101, IIRC, and that was with a few small purchases I made in the "pantry."
Newport news is maybe 20 minutes from the beach with no traffic ..wait there is always traffic here none of those places are too far from the beach. I live 10 minutes from Williamsburg and work in the beach but plus 1 to Chesapeake like one exit from the amphitheater. also look away from the oceanfront ...
Old 07-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Eat Out

ALL IN has disabled reputation

Camp?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:25 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by ALL IN
Camp?

My girlfriend? LOLOLOLOL.. Not going to happen.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
wub wub wub wub

How are the Homewood Suites in Chesapeake? It's a branch off of Hilton. I think I stayed at a Homewood in Charlotte and it was decent. It's only a 3 star hotel but it's still going to be almost $200 a night. Ay ay ay!

I guess we're not going to spend much time in the room anyway. I was just hoping I could prevent anything from causing this to be a lousy trip.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Have you personally had luck with either of the above? I've looked at them in the past but never used them.
I use travelocity for all of my flights and I've never had a problem.

Plus I have a soft spot for gnomes.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
wub wub wub wub

The roaming gnome!

I hate to do it, but I'm torn between staying one night at a decent place and driving the long drive home after the concert.. or staying at a hotel maybe half as nice if I'm lucky and staying for two nights. There's nothing worse than a hotel with a shitty bed though. There's nothing better than sprawling out on a nice pillow top king size bed with the air conditioning set to like 60 degrees! lol
Old 07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 3xb18
Newport news is maybe 20 minutes from the beach with no traffic ..wait there is always traffic here none of those places are too far from the beach. I live 10 minutes from Williamsburg and work in the beach but plus 1 to Chesapeake like one exit from the amphitheater. also look away from the oceanfront ...

i was gonna say the same thing, i have a 1 bedroom suite in newport news for my bachelor party in august and its only 109 a night. It might be worth it to just make the 20- 30 minute drive to the ampitheqtre to guarantee your in a nice room for a much lower price

Quick Reply: Help me find a hotel...