Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Car Modification Laws in Virginia

Old 10-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just_ME has disabled reputation
Default Re: Car Modification Laws in Virginia

"I think the way you should approach this is maybe find another facet of the state they can make money on to try and take their mind of the modding laws or at least let it take a back seat."

What were you thinking?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Evil Bumblebee

milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG

Originally Posted by Just_ME
"I think the way you should approach this is maybe find another facet of the state they can make money on to try and take their mind of the modding laws or at least let it take a back seat."

What were you thinking?
The good of the community slant the commiewealth of virginia likes to use when it comes to vehicle modification laws is thin at best(just about every state i have been to hasnt had a problem with modifications, besides cali but thats for obvious reasons). The fact is they use it to make money for something though it sure as hell isnt road repair or else the mercury blvd 64 repair/expansion wouldnt have taken so long, etc. So to make up for the lost revenue that would of course happen if they took away or change the vehicle modification laws, you would have to find another revenue builder to make up for it. I mean come on, virginia lawmakers have to pad their wallets somehow, though it shouldnt be at the expense of a hobby those bastards probably had and maybe still have.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by Just_ME
Well I am also talking about simple mods like tint and sound systems and things like that. Sure not everyone wants to lower there car or wants to raise there car or anything like that but they are some things people would like to do that is not allowed in VA. I find it stupid how for example we HAVE to have a license plate in the front of our cars. Its pointless, I have been told its for cops, well I have been pulled over a few times and I dont know about yall but the cops dont look at my front plates, they pull in behind me and run my plates. I dont understand that. Its just stupid little stuff like that, that gets to me.
Sound systems aren't illegal last time I checked. Tint is legal to a certain level. It is legal to have dark ass tint in FL and AZ and CA and all of those other places because it is hot as shit there most of the year. All you have to do is not do stupid shit and you wont get messed with (for the most part). If running a front plate is ruining your day you need to get some more problems in your life.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

Where's all the money going? Think of how many police you see on the road now, now try to remember about 5 years back... those guys don't work for free... and you know they're underworked when you get pulled over for speeding then three to four more sqad cars show up. But I guess cops make people feel safe, eh? And I'm willing to bet there's more wastefull spending going on out there. I wonder if you can get a state audited?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Just_ME has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
Sound systems aren't illegal last time I checked. Tint is legal to a certain level. It is legal to have dark ass tint in FL and AZ and CA and all of those other places because it is hot as shit there most of the year. All you have to do is not do stupid shit and you wont get messed with (for the most part). If running a front plate is ruining your day you need to get some more problems in your life.
Never said sound systems were illegal. But noise complaints will get you a ticket. I believe the law is if someone can hear you/your car from more then 50 yards away it can be called in for noise complaint, that’s retarded. Tint laws in VA are as follows, 50% up front and 35% in rear. Some factory cars have more then that. Tint in southern states for "hot weather" is in some way understandable, but dark tint is also legal, last I checked in places such as Maryland and New York; correct me if I am wrong. I understand the whole thing about the money bs but what will replace it is what I am asking?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Well, #1, welcome here- and thank god you dont talk like a stupid fucking cunt.

Anyway, there's really no hope for the laws to change- basically because of the money issue. I'm sure everyone would be right with you here to help, but there's nothing we can do.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

thgdfathr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
Well, #1, welcome here- and thank god you dont talk like a stupid fucking cunt.

Anyway, there's really no hope for the laws to change- basically because of the money issue. I'm sure everyone would be right with you here to help, but there's nothing we can do.

Yes there is!!! REBELLION BITCHES!!!!

(for anyone who may work for the government...that was a joke...dont send any unmarked black sedans to my house...)
Old 10-21-2007, 06:06 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

www.semasan.com
Old 10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

thgdfathr has disabled reputation

sema.org maybe?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:10 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

No. www.semasan.com

Quick Reply: Car Modification Laws in Virginia