Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

Car show in Stafford

Old 04-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Gotta Love Twins!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car show in Stafford

It turned out to be a nice day with some nice cars showing up. However, I was extremely disappointed with the judging of the Honda/Acura class and also the Import Japan class. I will not be attending next year.

-Ryan
Old 04-07-2008, 11:53 AM
AC-UR-AGE

marshallbc will become famous soon enough

I will second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
AW11 RAWR!

Lawnspace is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree, I think the judges were actually smart and didnt choose the most expensive, The top three cars were the cleanest cars out of all the imports, the people actually took time to present their rides. And as Honda/Acura awards, there were only 4 Honda/Acuras total the others had already won something, and the the oddman out had a very unpresentable Integra..

Last edited by Lawnspace; 04-07-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
MU-4/3 User

Midori Midori Midori Midori Midori Midori Midori Midori Midori Midori Midori

damn i didnt even know about this... oh well....
Old 04-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

k20-dc5 has disabled reputation

I think the event itself went very well, very organized and thought out. As to the comment about the judge's misjudgment towards the Imports and the Acura/Honda categorizes, the selection available was very slim, only 2-3 wrx, 2 Integras (including the Type R), the Civic
Ek9, the Si, a Miata, a Rx7(94'), 2 Mr2s (Mrk1 and Mrk2), a couple of Supras, and the Rsx-s (sorry if i missed any).
Given the view of the judges they based it upon the fact to not give a car more then one award unless necessary, I believe they made good picks. The Rx-7 won First for Imports, considering the rarity of the car in our district and the fact that there were many Supras,
this car stands out, both in the fact it was the only one and the fact it was a clean car. Other then that the other awards seem to have been split between the cars very evenly
making sure not to favor just one individual car. Just my 2 cents...
Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Gotta Love Twins!

jspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by k20-dc5
I think the event itself went very well, very organized and thought out. As to the comment about the judge's misjudgment towards the Imports and the Acura/Honda categorizes, the selection available was very slim, only 2-3 wrx, 2 Integras (including the Type R), the Civic
Ek9, the Si, a Miata, a Rx7(94'), 2 Mr2s (Mrk1 and Mrk2), a couple of Supras, and the Rsx-s (sorry if i missed any).
Given the view of the judges they based it upon the fact to not give a car more then one award unless necessary, I believe they made good picks. The Rx-7 won First for Imports, considering the rarity of the car in our district and the fact that there were many Supras,
this car stands out, both in the fact it was the only one and the fact it was a clean car. Other then that the other awards seem to have been split between the cars very evenly
making sure not to favor just one individual car. Just my 2 cents...
Yes, the RX-7 was very clean (it had been repainted) and rare to see one in the condition that it was but I do not think it should have won 1st place (it was more of a 2nd place car). Then the MKI MR2 had a clean paint job (because it was repainted) but was covered in fake TRD badges and spray painted engine parts (that were flaking). That car should not have won 2nd place (actually should not have placed at all). Also, both the RX-7 and the MR2 were owned by the same family. The yellow supra is a clean car and I feel that 3rd place was a good spot for it. There were a couple of EVOs and STIs that were clean and then there was the other Supra (the red one). One of the judges was looking at the car before they even started judging and had a confused look on his face while he was looking in the engine bay. The judge stated that he could not find the turbos, so the owner showed both turbos to him and he made the comment, "I have never seen a set-up like this." That is because it is extremely rare to (1) see a 1998 Supra (last year they imported them to the US) with excellent condition original paint and (2) see a stock twin turbo set-up with rare TRD (not fake) parts. Funny how that Supra did not place at all and did not win a single trophy because the judges did not know what they were looking at.

Yes, there were slim pickings in the Honda/Acura class but I had problems with the order of the 1st and 2nd place cars. 1st place was a newer SI that was lowered, wheels, CF hood/trunk, intake/exhaust, nitrous set-up and stock interior. 2nd place was a custom painted white pearl 1994 Civic Hatch that had too much done to it to even list in this thread. I think the places should have been swapped putting the 1994 Civic Hatch in 1st place and the newer SI in 2nd place.

I am not some kid bitching here but an adult that has been involved in these types of events for over 10 years. I also understand that this is my opinion and everyone has a different one but I hope that the judging is re-evaluated for next year.

Thanks for reading.

-Ryan

Last edited by jspecb18c; 04-12-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:45 AM
NISSAN <3

JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX

^ you know your stuff when the next megameet?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 AM
Gotta Love Twins!

Originally Posted by stormtrooper
^ you know your stuff when the next megameet?
Whats going on Jared? At the moment, there is not one scheduled. Bryan and I are both extremely busy at work and hardly have anytime to spend with our familys so planning and organizing another huge MEGA MEET has been put on the back burner. We helped organize and promote a couple of events last year that helped make a huge contribtuion to charity but our goals and views of the MEGA MEET are not of a show but a gathering like it used to be. We have tried to get the PWC Police and VDOT to sit down with us and have a meeting to see what can be done but with no success. Like I have said since the real meets ended in April of 2006, we are not going to give up on this dream that we have and it will be back like it used to be when the time is right.

-Ryan