Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The optimum tuning approach for a dyno?

Old 12-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jeff Taylor
sounds good. from what I hear about the probe, people say they can see the exhaust temp drop 200 degrees between shifts, then rise back up again...which leads me to believe that it has a slew-rate of around 200-deg per second...none the less, it is cheap and should be pretty accurate

Weavil - SCRAM Performance has one now, along with a wide-band. I believe they installed a setup that physically attaches to each wheel, unlike a dynojet.
I can see my EGT drop between shifts too, however I cant tell you how much off the top of my head. I am curious if there is a big difference.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:13 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

SCRAM, in my opinion is a bunch of idiots.
"I believe they installed a setup that physically attaches to each wheel, unlike a dynojet."
Are you talking about the Dynopacks?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

You, in my opinion, are an idiot.

Thanks again for contributing.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:13 PM
God

haha thanks Tell me how much you know about SCRAM and who works for them and ill let you know how much they suck. Thanks for respecting my opinion and contributing back, dick.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:30 PM
Sass Masterson

parknasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey rguy, have you dealt with SCRAM? What type of dealings with them led you to believe they are idiots? I've met one of the guys from there, Scott, and talked with him for a bit. He seemed like a nice guy with a decent amount of car knowledge. He has a Lexus with a 2JZ swap and he's done quite a bit of engine work to it, for starters. At their shop they have a dyno,(yes they use dynapacks) and wideband lambda. He knows the guys from Signal Auto very well, and from what I understand visits their shop as frequently as possible. I'm sure I need not explain to a know-it-all who Signal Auto is. These don't seem like the characteristics of an idiot to me. Scott actually seemed kind of humble, despite his connections(come on, guys, I know I'd think I was the shit if I had unlimited access to a dyno etc etc).

Basically what I'm trying to say is I don't know what type of experiences you've had with them, but from what I've seen they seem to be more knowledgable than most shops in the area.

Sidenote- Do you ever post anything remotely positive,informative or interesting to talk about? It seems like anytime you make a post its to try and degrade or put down someone. What gives dude? Lighten up a bit, get laid, smoke a cigarette, have a beer, then come back and take a stab at putting up another post. This whole car tuning and discussion thing is a hobby, just for fun, for me at least. You're stressing during exam time or something and its bringin the entire atmosphere of the drag western VA section of the forum down.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:53 PM
God

Yeah, im probably stressing. But i have a friend who worked for SCRAM , was sponsered by them in the ECHC and was generally a very good/funny/Knowlegeable guy (now an instructor for NASA). For reasons he and I do not wish to discuss he was forced to quit and move to AZ. This was a GOOD guy who road raced because he enjoyed the hell out of it, any of us could have liked him. Why did you spend close to a paragraph explaining what a guy at SCRAM with a lexus and a 2JZ swap knows and has done? Doesnt mean he actually knows anything at cars, people could have TOLD him everything he knows, doesnt mean he understands it. Ive talked and have swapped stories with Papadakis, and im here to tell you he doesnt know SHIT about anything other than driving fast in a straight line. A lot of my posts may seem harsh, but comon, tell me you havent noticed the amount of stupidity on this forum (Intercoolers increase drag, tune on high octane, big wings and body kits are kool y0, etc). Im gonna be blunt when i say this, but the very fact that a person goes to a "shop" to buy parts or get tuning shows how much they know about cars. Shops are there to take your money because you dont know something and they can take advantage of that. I buy my parts online from shops and dealers who recognize that people can find the best prices easily( a VERY cheap and EASY thing to do these days) and make themselves competitive to buyers so they get more business. If i ever wanted to tune my car, i would show up at a dyno shop and just pay for runs and tune myself or test different settings at road courses.

Sidenote, i post informative information all the time.

Another sidenote, whatever happened to you challenging me at the 1/4? Last post i saw about that was you reacting to what ITR's can do in the 1/4 and never mentioning it again.

I need to get laid, my GF hasnt visited in 4 weeks. Ive drank a lot tonight, i dont smoke and i dont like some peolple on this board. Im also sure V8BRICk and a couple others are gonna chime in and call me an idiot, or a loser, or a cocky asshole, but i dont care really. But i know its the internet, and no one wins arguing on it. Im here for fun, and to learn from people smarter than me, and to educate those who need it.

Off to bed.

Last edited by Rguy; 12-11-2002 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:02 AM
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

Exactly, Scott is always nice to me...and offered his help when I spun a bearing at the track this summer. Chad, who used to work there, was always cool about shooting the shit whenever I stopped in. James Nichols, another guy I have respect for, has also been doing work for them off and on over the past few months and is very knowledgeable.

So...who is the idiot that works there?

RACE!!! RACE!!!! RACE!!!! b18c vs. h22a RACE!!! RACE!!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 12:09 AM
God

"So...who is the idiot that works there?", the guy(s) who decided Chad was no longer needed.

"RACE!!! RACE!!!! RACE!!!! b18c vs. h22a RACE!!! RACE!!!!"

B18C-5 y0! As stated in much earlier posts, im always up for some LEGAL challenges.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:38 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

i agree, it did suck what happened to chad, but he never seemed overly disappointed before he left. i'm sure he's not too happy about it now since he still hasn't been able to find a job in az though...

but what does it really matter if the other people @ scram are ignorant? all they have to know how to do is turn on the dyno and print out a sheet...

oh, and the other day when i was at this crazy party with sean glazar, adam saruwatari, and jojo callos, they all said, "what's up with our buddy rguy?" i said, "i dunno, probably just sitting around knowing more about cars than you guys." they agreed.

cocky asshole idiot...moron...and your mother also.

hehe
Old 12-11-2002, 05:20 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rguy
Ive talked and have swapped stories with Papadakis, and im here to tell you he doesnt know SHIT about anything other than driving fast in a straight line.
Three words man:

It's his job.

if you find a 1/4m track that looks like an S then come get me and I will take back my statement .

Quick Reply: The optimum tuning approach for a dyno?