Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Need Someone Who Can Install Hoodpins/Need Fenders Rolled

Old 05-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jcutler has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need Someone Who Can Install Hoodpins/Need Fenders Rolled

Originally Posted by IEAT50S
Get a heat gun if you roll them yourself

Very very easy, and correct heat gun and bat. And no if you take your time you wont F it up. I have done it on all of my cars as soon as they drop. I guess the paint is more of a issue if your car is older but I have never had a problem.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

or you can go to Vinh and just borrow it for a few bucks or something
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

take your time. i cracked my paint like shit
Old 05-12-2008, 07:27 PM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

The aero catch install is cake. Mine took <1 hr. Paint the damn bolts though.. they will rust.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
The aero catch install is cake. Mine took <1 hr. Paint the damn bolts though.. they will rust.

Any pics I would like to see how they look. I didn't want huge pins sticking up, the ones I ordered have the carbon fiber round base and a small black lug.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:45 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by SLOW SOL
If you have/had a Honda you would understand. If you do own a honda then you either:
1)Have a garage
2)Live in the greatest place on earth with no thieves
3)Are a thief yourself and dont like locking hood pins
4)You have a POS Honda that nobody would want to steal anyways

I dont exactly like them either but I also dont like having to wake up at 4am in the morning running outside in the pouring rain because some lazy piece of shit who doesnt want to work and earn a real living wants to pop my hood and try to take what i work over 60-70 hrs a week for free.

Yes owning a honda sucks.
Hood pins =

theres other ways to do that without having hood pins LOL.. i had honda's all my life.. i never had hood pins, but always had it so you cant pop the hood from the front, theres a trick .. but bottom line is, you shouldnt own that car if you dont have a garage or worried about theft. cause bottom line is if they want it, they are gonna taking it, hood pins or not... plus hood pins arent gonna stop a tow truck.

Last edited by EEK; 05-13-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by EEK
Hood pins =

theres other ways to do that without having hood pins LOL.. i had honda's all my life.. i never had hood pins, but always had it so you can pop the hood from the front, theres a trick .. but bottom line is, you shouldnt own that car if you dont have a garage or worried about theft. cause bottom line is if they want it, they are gonna taking it, hood pins or not... plus hood pins arent gonna stop a tow truck.

I guess you are missing the point. I am not sure his main reason for them. BUT I NEED THEM when I get up to highway speeds my hood lifts about half an inch to an inch. CF is very fragile last thing I want is my hood flying off. I hate hood pins but I would rather have stealth looking hood pins than have my hood flying off my car.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

get a better cf hood, you should only need them at the track if anything
Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by jcutler
Any pics I would like to see how they look. I didn't want huge pins sticking up, the ones I ordered have the carbon fiber round base and a small black lug.
This is them open:

and closed (sorry these are the only pics I got at work):

Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by EEK
get a better cf hood, you should only need them at the track if anything
Kinda hard when you car is limited production and only one company makes the hood for your car and you have one of the first 3 ever made for it. Plus as most know CF expands and contracts with heat and cold. So it doesn't always keep perfect shape.

And Yes I track my car not 1/4, but summit point etc etc. So yea they are needed. Again I am not having my hood fly back. They were created for a reason. I am not worried really about people stealing my stuff it stays locked up, it is more or less the hood flying off.

Quick Reply: Need Someone Who Can Install Hoodpins/Need Fenders Rolled