Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Tint Question in Fairfax County?!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 AM
got 7.62?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited
Default Re: Tint Question in Fairfax County?!

its 35% for the rear and 50% for the front and it is illegal to have tint on your windshield..

If it came stock.. Take it back to the dealer and they will pay the ticket.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 AM
PS3OT

dogg2k78 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TONYANJAII
Only SUV's comes with factory tint 35% in the rear. Sedans and Coupes are usually light tinted glass. If it reads 39% then thats not factory. I used to own a G35 and its definitely no where near 39% :P
Is this Quanita? The car purchased straight from the dealership with that tint on the car (brand new)
Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

Originally Posted by dogg2k78
Is this Quanita? The car purchased straight from the dealership with that tint on the car (brand new)
lol thats Tony i don't think he has reach the area to have female parts yet lol hahaha
Yeah man if he got it from the dealer ... go to the dealer and give the ticket to them and tell them to fix the windows.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:51 AM
PS3OT

dogg2k78 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ravenracer
lol thats Tony i don't think he has reach the area to have female parts yet lol hahaha
Yeah man if he got it from the dealer ... go to the dealer and give the ticket to them and tell them to fix the windows.
Lol I thought it was Quan from Fairfax. Who drives a bimmer now who used to have a type-r.
But I think I will tell my brother to go to the dealership and have them take it off with no charge.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

1) Print a copy of the "Vehicle Sun-Shading Medical Waiver" found on DMVs website found under "Citizens Services-Vehicle Services".

2) Make an appointment with an optometrist for a check up. Follow the instructions on the DMV paperwork.

There is a tint limitation listed on the paperwork, however most of the time they don't even bother to check the tint if you have the provision on your registration. Mine was one time, but I still wasn't written a violation for it being too dark. With a validated medical waiver you always have a good chance in court.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

Lol I thought it was Quan from Fairfax. Who drives a bimmer now who used to have a type-r.
But I think I will tell my brother to go to the dealership and have them take it off with no charge.
lol nvm then... it is him lol quanita ahahaa didn't catch that lol
Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Left Hand Shiftin

ffxbb6 has disabled reputation

dude i've had a 05 is300 wit 35% all the way around and never got pulled
that cop was just being a dick.
the llegal tint is 50% front and 35% rear.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Talon TSi

trinistylz2002 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 4SFED4
1) Print a copy of the "Vehicle Sun-Shading Medical Waiver" found on DMVs website found under "Citizens Services-Vehicle Services".

2) Make an appointment with an optometrist for a check up. Follow the instructions on the DMV paperwork.

There is a tint limitation listed on the paperwork, however most of the time they don't even bother to check the tint if you have the provision on your registration. Mine was one time, but I still wasn't written a violation for it being too dark. With a validated medical waiver you always have a good chance in court.
Thanks for the information. I was wondering if there were forms that we can apply for. Here's the direct link for those who are interested:

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...sunshading.asp
Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

I have had mine done for 8 years. (2 different cars). 35 on the windshield and front 2 windows, 5 for the back 5 windows. (with the waiver)
Old 11-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

ssslowt3g has disabled reputation

My Brother got pulled over this morning and recieved a ticket for the Tint on his car Infiniti
G35. When the cop measured the tint it read 39%. I know the Legal limit in Virginia is 50%, but when he purchased the car from the Dealership it came stock with that tint. The car was purchased in 2003 with the Tint straight from the dealership. Is there a way to argue this case or is it just a lost cause in Fairfax County.
Legal Limit in Va is 35%Back, 50 Front two windows. How ever I was told by Fairfax County cop that you have a 7% leeway. But being at 39% makes you illegal. Only way is to go to the eye doctor and get a note then take that note to DMV. It allows you 35% all around. Also it will be on your information as soon as the cop pulls your tags up in the car.

Quick Reply: Tint Question in Fairfax County?!