Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Auto tranny problems

Old 01-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Captain Deeeez Nutzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b16 snatch has disabled reputation
Default Re: Auto tranny problems

ttt
Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 AM

dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17

why bump this when it got answered a post ago??
Old 01-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Captain Deeeez Nutzz

Originally Posted by dsmx17
why bump this when it got answered a post ago??
Looking for other input, not knocking HighPSI TSi Guy as he seems quite knowledgeable. However, it's foolish to take one persons response and call it a done deal. That's what second and third opinions are for... verification.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by b16 snatch
Hi all

I am not familiar with automatic transmissions and I'm having problems with one in my 92 civic.

I was driving on the interstate and all is fine then nothing. It's like I'm in neutral. I pulled over, verify that I am in D4 and start from a stop. It accelerates but wont shift to second gear. I let off the gas for a second then try again and it's just completely out of gear. I pull over again and put the gear selector in 2 and I am able to limp home at 25 mph. I checked the ATF fluid level once home and it was low. I filled it to the full line and I am still having the same issues.

To summarize:

Car will accelerate in D4 from a dead stop but wont shift out of 1st unless I take my foot off the gas, then it just falls completely out of gear into what feels like neutral.

I am able to put the gear selector in 1 and 2 and accelerate in those gears.

Is it the transmission itself or the torque converter? Like I said I am very much a noob when it comes to an auto transmission.

Thanks for the help

taking it your check this with the car running if not you fucked up and need to flush it back out and refill it to the correct lvl . car must be running to check the tranny fluid properly . if you filled the tranny fluid to the line and did nt check it with the car runnign you have to much tranny fluid in and will casue your tranny not to shift. to much or to little will cause waht your explaing .

i would check this first if you didnt do what i explain above . pretty common thing that noobs will do but a easy fix.

Last edited by aacjohnc; 01-06-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Captain Deeeez Nutzz

Originally Posted by aacjohnc
taking it your check this with the car running if not you fucked up and need to flush it back out and refill it to the correct lvl . car must be running to check the tranny fluid properly . if you filled the tranny fluid to the line and did nt check it with the car runnign you have to much tranny fluid in and will casue your tranny not to shift. to much or to little will cause waht your explaing .

i would check this first if you didnt do what i explain above . pretty common thing that noobs will do but a easy fix.
yep, i filled it when the car was cold. seemed logical. thanks for the tip. I'll drain it and fill it properly and hopefully that'll fix it.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Mom

Ed3r10 has disabled reputation

Mann i am having the same problem except my tranny shifts but slips iono if that needs a new tranny all around i also heard if u replace the filter it should help determin wat you need. Not much help but thurs my 2 cents