Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

single cam KA motor Q's

Old 10-03-2003, 11:21 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

you are about right.

sr20det = 205 hpish
ka24e = 140 hpish (sohc)
ka24de = 150 hpish(dohc)

i think piecing a turbo kit would be cheaper than an entire sr20det swap + mods though. and tearing apart an engine isn't that hard, it's putting it back together ;] it's all a matter of what they want though.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:26 AM
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

well...

sohc's can make good power NA but that's $$$, it'd be easier to do a DOHC turbo because it's been done many times and is pretty well documented
Old 10-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure it's worth it. Nothing wrong with the motor at all. I would build the motor first before turbocharging.

Abacus has alot of experience with all motor ka24e race engines. Go pick one of those up and slap it in there.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:44 PM

jamesz is an unknown quantity at this point

how interesting, i'm faced with the same dilemma. i'm deciding whether i should rebuild my sohc and then boost, or get a ka24de, rebuild it, and boost. from what *little* research i did there have been many succesful ka24e-t's out there, here are some sites i found with some info on the swaps.

http://www.turbo240sx.ca/
some guy from FA that boosted his sohc

http://www.unstable-hybrids.com/
some info on the swap from sohc to dohc if that's what you're looking into doing

but as mentioned earlier, i think it depends mostly on what your goals for your car are.. if you're looking around 300hp range, then sohc wouldnt be too bad of a choice.

like i said, i'm still debating which route i should take.. so if anyone local has experience and wants to help me out, whether it's swapping the de or rebuilding the sohc and turboing it. help me out
Old 10-03-2003, 08:28 PM
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

what's local to you?
Old 10-05-2003, 06:54 PM

jamesz is an unknown quantity at this point