Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NOS purge problems

Old 12-22-2002, 06:01 AM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation

also is that running out of the stock NOS blow down tube that came with the kit? that looks like a lot of gas to be pushing out of that tiny tube.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:23 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i purge everytime i spray!! no wasting the precious stuff!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 10:59 AM
"Konnichiwa Bitches"

Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang
Default hahaha

Originally posted by CHAHONDA
i purge everytime i spray!! no wasting the precious stuff!!!
Meee toooo
Old 12-23-2002, 10:42 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

what exactly does purging do if you guys dont mind me asking?
Old 12-23-2002, 01:58 PM
zoomzoomzoom

richard dalton is an unknown quantity at this point

it get rid of unwanted air trapped inside the bottle
Old 12-23-2002, 02:26 PM
"Konnichiwa Bitches"

Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang Carl-Tang

it scares Corvettes
Old 12-23-2002, 05:31 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

A bottle in 55 degrees (outside temp)is going to be way to cold to be coming out like it should. If the pressure is to low it will never come out how you want it to.

Get a pressure gauge and you will find your problem. Then get a bottle warmer and solve it. : )

I need a bottle warmer myself. Every time I've sprayed on it it barely feels like much. Leaving the heater on in the car doesn't work either, unless the bottle is right in the path of the heater.

Have fun
Old 12-24-2002, 10:39 AM
registeredbeerdrinkr

mini-meturbodx is an unknown quantity at this point

gets rid of the air in the lines
and it is too cold
if it is warm you will get a nice mist
Old 12-24-2002, 11:13 AM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Originally posted by Carl-Tang
it scares Corvettes
Yeeeeeeeeeah ok.

Back to the subject.......did you hook your blowdown tube up the the purge solenoid? Please say no..........the blowdown tube mounts to the valve on your bottle......when the pressure exceededs the valve, the blowdown tube lets the gas escape.....and carries it out of the car. Your "kit" should have come with a thin brass tube that you could bend to accomodate your purge line. For the amount of line you have, nothing sounds out of the ordinary as to it taking 3 or 4 seconds to exit the tube.

As for wasting nitrous..........would you rather make sure the condensation is out of your lines or take the risk? Thats what it is there for........what you hear but cant see coming out of the purge is air.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:19 AM

740 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, here's the scoop you all need to run NOS. Your NOS pressure has alot to do on how the system will work. Most systems tell you to run with 950-1050 psi,low ambiant temp will act like you're running rich,get a heater and keep the temp up so that you are able to keep the pressure between the temp specified by your manufacture. All jet settings specified in your instruction are given to you as a safe set-up,as in not being to lean for the H.P. you're looking for. As for your purge, locate your purge valve as close to your nitrous solinoid as possible, this is to insure that you are getting rid of all the "gas" and using LIQUID as the system is suppose to. Also remember start small and work up. AS the H.P. goes up you will need to use higher octain fuel and retard the timming as a thumb rule 2-3 degress for every 60 hp added thru the system, Stay ahead of your bottle pressure, use as big of a bottle as you are able to store safely. Remember lean is mean but it can cost you lots of money and headachs if you go over the line, being a little "FAT" is always safer than thinking you know more than you do or listening to your buddy on what jetting you need, go by your set-up sheet an go from there, have fun

Quick Reply: NOS purge problems