Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

MMA gyms in Fredericksburg.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these parts
Default Re: MMA gyms in Fredericksburg.

Originally Posted by backtoarms
Any decent MMA gyms in the Fredericksburg area?
I've been looking into them and I've found two: The Lab and Pilsung. I'm looking at Pilsung. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If your goal is to fight call Matt Douglas his number is on the website we train at the cave off kenmore ave in downtown fredericksburg but are basically barbarianfightclub fight promotion. No belts,no ranks just getting you ready to fight. He is a great guy that will really work with you with no contracts involved if you decide its not for you walk away. We have a cage inside the gym so you can get alot of expercience inside the cage to get comfortable. If you don't like to get hit then you should go to a straight grappling school like the lab,yamasaki etc...

http://barbarianfightclub.com/

Also Pilsung is a good school we cross train with those guys sometimes has well has pandomonium fight club, the kennel all local schools.. Most of the local guys all fight at barbarianfightclub.com
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Ganoe23 has disabled reputation

OK, I've heard enough. First let me start by saying that I've been training at The Lab Mixed Martial Arts Academy for several years. I'm a part time instructor there. There have been some comments made on this board, and in the community about the Labs striking prowess (Or lack thereof). Let me assure everyone. We can strike with ANYBODY. Professor LeBrun and his staff are extremely well versed in western boxing and Muay Thai. As far as grappling goes, Professor LeBrun's pedigree is second to NO ONE. Jacare, Renzo Gracie, Matt Serra, Paul Creighton, Leo Dalla, Lloyd Irvin. Go ahead, if they dont sound familiar to you, google them. The internet is a wonderful tool. Contact these folks. Ask them about Professor Lebrun's credentials. See if you can get the same lineage from the other Academys in the region. This is not bragging. Its FACT. I've been a lifelong Martial Artist, and quite frankly It's getting a little tiresome to hear folks bashing our school. Where is the respect and honor. Our doors are open to anyone willing to check their ego at the door. Check out the academys in the area. Then please feel free to come by and watch a class, sign up for an intro with Professor LeBrun or one of our instructors. Judge for yourself. THE MAT DOESNT LIE! I will be checking back on the board if anyone has any questions. I'd be happy to help. Good night.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703

^^^^^^^^^You gotta pay to be a vendor^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good job on bumping the dead with your first post. And you say you've heard enough, it take you 3 months to read 7 posts?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

Ganoe23 has disabled reputation

It was only brought to my attention yesterday. I have a full time job, teach on the side, have a wife and two active kids. Dont troll these message boards. Just wanted to respond, sorry if you were waiting on me.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Registered Member

MMAFighter has disabled reputation

Hello all,

I just moved to the area and was interested in joining a school. I am big into MMA and want an instructor that is knowledgeable. I looked up Chad Lebrun online and saw an article where Renzo Gracie mention something about him, endorsements from Lloyd Irvin, as well as Matt Serra. I didn't know there was a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Fredericksburg. That is probably where I am going to check out first.
What are the other guys qualifications in MMA? I looked up Marc Granier and just saw tae kwon do stuff. I wouldn't want a tkd guy teaching me MMA. Anyone know this guys MMA credentials or background? Anyone ever train with him?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

www.goldmedalgrappling.com in woodbridge the trained Kris McCray who is undefeated and almost made the next ultimate fighter on spike but was cut at the last second.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Knuckles has disabled reputation

Didn't the instructor at Pilsung's train or train with the Gracies at one point? Isn't he a BJJ black belt? I stopped by their web site and didn't see anything mentioning that but that is what I heard.

Question: I have heard of a few MMA events in the area. Pandemonium, Barbarian and Battle FC. Which ones have the most skilled fighters? I am fairly new to the area and wanna check out some good technical fights that don't resemble a backyard or school yard brawl at a special ed school.

BTW: What's up with that instructor dude with the mirror sunglasses on your website Pilsung and the dude with the bigass fro on the pics you posted?

Last edited by Knuckles; 12-08-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Registered Member

v8pwnzjoo has disabled reputation

I've been fighting for Lab Boxing for awhile. It's a good gym you should check it out

http://www.laboxing.com/
Old 12-17-2009, 05:02 AM
Registered Member

MMAFighter has disabled reputation

I am assuming the Pilsung guy is not a real MMA trainer and just a karate guy with no credentials. It looks like that Cave place closed down.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

Well, it's pretty difficult to get in the ring and spar with guys that are twice or three times my size and have years of technical training. I've had some technical training with most of my experience in street fighting... it's no match.

To sum it up, I'm 5'10" ish and about 130-140lbs.
I've been trying to stay on a high protein diet and drink mostly water. I can gain 10lbs in a week if I eat A LOT of protein and work out everyday. But, if I stop for two days I lose it.
I'm trying to train with someone on my skill level and my size.

Quick Reply: MMA gyms in Fredericksburg.