Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

College Nights At American Indoor Karting

Old 01-13-2010, 06:46 AM
AIK
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIK has disabled reputation
Default Re: College Nights At American Indoor Karting

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Maybe give your advice as to what you'd like to see done then. Personally, I went to AIK VB for the first time just the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I too felt as though there was no real incentive for me to return other than the "$4 off" for being a member.

I think if AIK did a program where it's buy 3 race 1 free would still be profitable. Of course, that is assuming there is enough margin to make a profit off allowing someone to race a 8 minute race for "free".

I also asked about a monthly rate/fee or yearly pass but that wasn't available. I don't think too many people would buy a yearly plan, or maybe even a monthly, but some sort of incentive to bring customers out would help. I know when I was there the other night, it was dead.

We do have a buy 2 get one free special on Wednesdays, as well as 3 Races for $39 on Thursdays. These incentives are for active members, but they are designed to help people out and entice them to keep coming back in. I can assure you we are not in the business of shafting people, we have not raised our standard prices or added hidden charges to anything.

We are just trying to inform everyone on here of the various member specials that we do offer for ALL of our members, not just college students and women.

We also have calendars that we are selling for $5 apiece which feature 2 buy-one-get-one coupons per month for the entire year of 2010. If you are a member, this makes each race $9.00 when using the coupon.

Our member specials are great values, and as I mentioned before, they are open to anyone with an active membership.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:50 AM
AIK
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
I actually did give a list of suggestions when AIK made the thread about opening in VB asking for ideas.. I suggested a punch card system like TS Cafe or doing a rental night a lot like you would if you rented a track such as VMP all prepaid so they would be at no loss if people flaked..
We have offered a VA Driven Track Rental special on here a couple of months ago, and are more than willing to make this happen.

The proposed deal is $600 for an hour on a Weeknight (Standard rate is $850) and this would give VA Driven exclusive use of the track for that hour, free pizza and fountain drinks and the use of our events room. It would be on you guys to get the group together, and we would prepay up front, but I am all for this.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:50 AM
AIK
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MustangCRZY302
I went last friday night to the VB one and 1. it was a blast, 2. crowded as hell, 3. I'd go there again in a heartbeat.
Im glad you had a good time, and look forward to seeing you back out here. What kind of times were you running?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

Thats awesome AIK im def gonna get my membership next go round with a Calendar.... all of which I would of gotten the first time I went if the person working the register told me any of it was ava... id seriously kick them in the ass I watched them ring people up all night 2hrs waiting for my heat and didnt see anyone offer a membership or a calendar...

for those that dont know the membership is 25 vs
the first time you go non member price is 22 + a $2 head sock you have to get ... so for a dollar more get the membership you also get a free race your birth month... again all stuff i wish I was told to begin with.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

I need to figure out the U-turns and how to get in and out of them faster.

My first ever run avg was 20.665 with a fastest lap of 19.915. This was with just my buddy and me on the track.

My 2nd run was with 5 people including myself, 3 of which were some of the fastest drivers of Jan (18.141 by CCP and 18.159 by Kart Ninja). I managed a fastest lap of 19.684 and an average of 20.962. I was trying to be somewhat "respectful" of the other guys since I was a nOOb on the track trying to still figure out the right line.

Either way, AIK is fun, I just wish the track was bigger and it was cheaper
Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by Chris G.
Hangar 09 is sounding better and better.
if it will ever open

"open by christmas"
"open by new years"
"open next week"
"open sunday"
"i mean next sunday"
"not this next sunday, next next sunday"
lol
Old 01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio

someone make me a fake college ID! lol ill still continue to go to AIK. I have fun everytime I go.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

What's hangar 09
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

Originally Posted by Victum
What's hangar 09
full blown f18 flight sim.. where you can do head to head combat and then get a beer and pizza so says their commercial
Old 01-13-2010, 09:54 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

Omfg. Do want

Quick Reply: College Nights At American Indoor Karting