Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

electrical problem

Old 12-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Asshole Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Main relay?

Originally posted by hondazccivic
Hey, a buddy of mine had no spark and he was diagnosing it, and found it to be the main relay, so check that out, maybe try and find someone with the same car, or with an interchangable part, and swap it in, and see if it will work then. And also check to make sure your spark plugs are good, and your not getting spark to any of the cylinders, or else it's a sparkplug/cable problem most likely.
A main "fuel" relay should have nothing to do with not having fire. It controls the fuel pump.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default it was effecting his spark

I was there when he was checking for spark man, there was no spark then replaced the main relay, may not be for fuel but when he replaced it, he got spark and the engine started up fine.
-Aaron-
Old 12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: it was effecting his spark

Originally posted by hondazccivic
replaced the main relay, may not be for fuel
I can agree with that.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:29 PM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

i am doubting it's a fuel problem. i have fuel, its not the control module, now getting a spark at the coil. there's a bent spring of some sort, but i'm really at a loss as to waht it could be. i just changed the plugs in march and haven't even gone 5K sicne then, so i dont think its that either. still mgiht be a bad coil, plan to try that tomorrow. i dont know shit about checking fuses, they were just checked in april after my car got hit. i guess april was 8 months ago. damn stupid car. is it the box up to the top left of the car? next tothe batterY?

and c'mon guys, civics aren't a muscle car, if you've ridden in fear this's car you'd know a civic woudlnt stand a chance

edit: if this helps, lemme explain how the car went. stopped at an intersection for the light, began to accelerate when it turned green, suddenly the car "stalls" out (best way i can explain it) and nothing. try restarting, almost starts, but no go. hasn't run since then. wtf happened for it to go catastrophically like that hwen its been running fine?

Last edited by BadBeck; 12-11-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:30 PM
DILLIGAF?

Originally posted by 0psi
Believe what you may. I work at a Honda dealership and see vehicles with bad ignition coils on the daily. If you read my originial post again it doesn't say that the coil will absolutely fix his problem. It is the thing I would check first if I had no spark due to the fact that they are prone to go bad.

and it would be a "her". i'm a chick.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Fear This Fear This

I was just fukin with yall to get so traffic here

See no spark at plugs and hear/smell fuel pump, Got good belt. I replace rotor/cap, ignition control unit/ignitor and still got no spark at plugs. BUT I noticed just now that U have spark at the coil!!!! WTF? I know all 4 plug wires didnt suddenly go bad.
I think the spring tip of the coil got bent and isnt making a good cnotact but I dunno. Anyone????????????????
Old 12-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

Fear This Fear This

ttt
Old 12-12-2003, 05:19 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

REPLACE THE COIL!!!!
Old 12-12-2003, 05:28 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by BadBeck

and c'mon guys, civics aren't a muscle car, if you've ridden in fear this's car you'd know a civic woudlnt stand a chance

yeah im sure that YOUR civic wouldnt stand a chance!
Old 12-12-2003, 06:04 AM
DILLIGAF?

ah yes esp when its not running. har har. funny.
either way he could give me a 30 car lead and still kick my ass. applicable to most civics regardless of whats done to them. *shrug* i could beat a stock 4 cylinder mustang hands down. just not this particular mustang.

Quick Reply: electrical problem