Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

What should I pay for?

Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM
slingshot engage.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'
Default Re: What should I pay for?

Buy my supermoto for a third of the price. Back it in, wheelie, and stoppie like a boss.

Seriously though, if you are young and this is your first bike, the insurance for the first year will probably be more than you want to pay.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

Originally Posted by rollingstock
i would dis-agree with all 3
Also, this guy is an idiot. I mean he doesn't even realize disagree is one word.

That advice Mr. White gave you is golden.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Tree fiddy.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
Buy my supermoto for a third of the price. Back it in, wheelie, and stoppie like a boss.

Seriously though, if you are young and this is your first bike, the insurance for the first year will probably be more than you want to pay.
Some insurance providers won`t even insure a sport bike for someone who has not had a motorcycle license for a minimum of 2 years.

And apparently i have to spread rep.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Mr White
If this is your first street bike then don`t buy a sport bike at all.

If this is your first sport bike then don`t buy something new (ish)

If this is NOT your first sport bike....i would still look elsewhere.
You could have at least humored me with a reason if you were going to take the time to post.

-Sport bikes are a bit more unforgiving to a new rider, if this is their first bike a sport bike such as the GSXR isn`t going to take to the common mistakes of a new rider in such a friendly fashion. Not to say you`re only going to hurt yourself on a sport bike but sport bikes are in fact nothing short of a race bike with a headlight on it and will respond as such. Just because it`s a 600 does not make it any less of a threat.

-If this is not in fact their first bike BUT is their first sport bike why buy something new? You will make mistakes in the learning curve......and when you do you will feel a lot worse about your new bike being rashed up than your relatively used one. Either way new or used you will still get the same enjoyment from riding regardless. If this is an issue of looking cool on a new bike then they are hopeless anyway.

-What wrong with exploring your options and looking for a better deal?
+1 to all of this

OP, you have provided NOTHING regarding your riding experience, past bikes, anything that would be helpful in offering you any subjective opinion besides what you are looking to spend. 10K can get you a LOT of bike, but without any other details on your riding history, you could be riding 10K into a telephone pole, or, you could get a decent bike for yourself. More info needed.

That said. . .10K, you could ind a LOT better deal for a GSXR, they are all over the place, basically a dime a dozen. How many CC?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Jono......you need to get a chopper from Easy Rider and we can go off into the sunset.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Rich
Jono......you need to get a chopper from Easy Rider and we can go off into the sunset.
After next week, and finding out whats REALLY going on, I might just do that. It's a little early to fuck it all, but, I'm getting there, lol.

WOuld rather go with something like this though:

Last edited by TATTRAT; 02-07-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

xmeeksx has disabled reputation

Sorry for the lack of detail. Just needed a ball park price range. This isn't my first sport bike but thank you all for the advice.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

You could have at least humored me with a reason if you were going to take the time to post.

-Sport bikes are a bit more unforgiving to a new rider, if this is their first bike a sport bike such as the GSXR isn`t going to take to the common mistakes of a new rider in such a friendly fashion. Not to say you`re only going to hurt yourself on a sport bike but sport bikes are in fact nothing short of a race bike with a headlight on it and will respond as such. Just because it`s a 600 does not make it any less of a threat.

-If this is not in fact their first bike BUT is their first sport bike why buy something new? You will make mistakes in the learning curve......and when you do you will feel a lot worse about your new bike being rashed up than your relatively used one. Either way new or used you will still get the same enjoyment from riding regardless. If this is an issue of looking cool on a new bike then they are hopeless anyway.

-What wrong with exploring your options and looking for a better deal?
+1. Very good advice.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
Also, this guy is an idiot. I mean he doesn't even realize disagree is one word.

That advice Mr. White gave you is golden.
your right.. what do you do for a living?.. theres a reason everyone stop posting this area..

Quick Reply: What should I pay for?