Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Anyone know the tint laws in VA?

Old 03-21-2004, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know the tint laws in VA?

Md. is 35 all around, most tint places will do that for you.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Banned

chosunman is an unknown quantity at this point

If I'm driving in VA with my 35% tinted MD registered car, can the VA cops pull me over and give a ticket as well?
Old 03-21-2004, 06:45 PM
AR ES EX

lindsey has disabled reputation

Don't feel bad, I've got 35% all around on top of the stock 2%... state trooper pulled me for it, tested it... got a ticket. He told me if I had the tint removed I could probably come to court and get it dropped. Instead I asked "this is a non-moving violation right?" and he said "yes ma'am." I then asked "so technically I can keep my tint on and just keep getting tickets, nothing will happen to me right?" He smiled at me and said "no ma'am." I was like "OK great, thanks." Paid my ticket, life goes on However, I try to stay off that road... that trooper probably has it in for me now, hahaha!
Old 03-21-2004, 06:45 PM
AR ES EX

Originally Posted by chosunman
If I'm driving in VA with my 35% tinted MD registered car, can the VA cops pull me over and give a ticket as well?
Nope, you can't get ticketed for that if your vehicle is registered in another state where the tint is legal.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

Originally Posted by lindsey
Nope, you can't get ticketed for that if your vehicle is registered in another state where the tint is legal.
You are WRONG! You can be ticketed for it even if you are registered in another state. It SUCKS but it is TRUE! Think about it, use your Radar detector up until the VA state line.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:18 AM
TEC
wave or die

TEC is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm at 40% on the sides, so I guess that I'm sunk. What good is a state inspection if they don't inspect yor car for crap you can get pulled over for?

Well, I guess I'll have to make my donation to the state, because I'm sure not going back to Ruckersville to fight it. I hate VA, the state is constantly sucking money out of my pockets for something.

Thanks guys/gals
Old 03-22-2004, 05:39 AM

aznsensation18 aznsensation18 aznsensation18 aznsensation18

ok...do u know if any shop does like 25% tint anywhere.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:00 AM
AR ES EX

Thanks for the correction boostfed, I was unware. That does suck!

Originally Posted by TEC
I'm at 40% on the sides, so I guess that I'm sunk. What good is a state inspection if they don't inspect yor car for crap you can get pulled over for?

Well, I guess I'll have to make my donation to the state, because I'm sure not going back to Ruckersville to fight it. I hate VA, the state is constantly sucking money out of my pockets for something.

Thanks guys/gals
Unless you choose to remove your tint after this ticket where you unaware of the laws, then it'll be your choice to let the state suck the money out of your pockets. I knew the tint laws -- last year I chose to put illegal tint on my car. I'll pay my tickets as they come, I know I'm breaking the law, and I am willing to pay the consequences.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

trini ef racer trini ef racer

ok i came home (springfield ) from tech last friday and also this sunday and I got a ticket two different times .... what abuot double jeopardy does that not apply in that case ... someone let me kno .. i need to get the hell out of va i mean damn!! who the hell STOPS you for your tint ... i can see it as being like an add on ticket but stoping me outright on 81 2 times for the same thing is f*cking wack im soo angry and a lil drunk shit!!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

my friend travis got pulled over for 10mph over and the cop was harassing about his tint. when the trooper took his license back to the squad car travis started ripping the tint off his front windows. state trooper comes back and said "wow, i've never seen someone do that shit before.. im not writing you a ticket for the tint but ive already wrote the one for speeding so i cant tear it up "

Quick Reply: Anyone know the tint laws in VA?