Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New drag racing classes, rules and guidelines?

Old 02-12-2003 | 05:05 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

thats what shad and scott told me....but i didnt look myself so its not fully true. an rx7 is about the same weight as a 240 no? i bought mine it was 2760 without me in it. now i've added a cage and its at 2450without me and full interior. heheheh lots of work to get that down there. You can get wieghed at Franks Truck stop at the end of 17 or on 58 at that little truck weigh station.
Old 02-12-2003 | 05:56 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Greaser
thats what shad and scott told me....but i didnt look myself so its not fully true. an rx7 is about the same weight as a 240 no? i bought mine it was 2760 without me in it. now i've added a cage and its at 2450without me and full interior. heheheh lots of work to get that down there. You can get wieghed at Franks Truck stop at the end of 17 or on 58 at that little truck weigh station.
Yea, the stock curb weight for an 89-91 T2 is about 2850 lbs. Alot is coming out of mine though... AC, power steering, sunroof, sound deadening, steel side beams and some other small things. All of that should be good for around 300lbs off. That'll only put me down to 2550. My goal is a weight of 2600 with me in the car, I weight about 150 lbs... so I need to find about another 100lbs to lose... hmmmmm.
Old 02-12-2003 | 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

I take shits before i race. dont wear underwear or socks either. this helps save weight. I'm about to knock out all my teeth so i can get dentures......then take THOSE out when i race. oh yeah. since i already weigh 130lbs cant find any to take off. i need all my limbs for driving, shifting, and making babies