Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

For Those Who Know About H.I.D.'s...

Old 12-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Japanese Disease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX
Default Re: For Those Who Know About H.I.D.'s...

Originally Posted by StreetRacer69
Well you guys gave me like 3 different answers. So 4300K is the best and will give you the purple beam???
4300k gives the most light put anything past that will start to get into the blue/purple range...just like every other post said.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:23 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

ive always LOVED S2000 hids.. you can tell its an s2k from a mile away just by the color
Old 12-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally Posted by flo w fx
ive always LOVED S2000 hids.. you can tell its an s2k from a mile away just by the color
i'm gonna try and cop a set of those for my jdm toyota skyline tripple trubo. they bolt in (3 out of the 4 screws do anyway) into my headlight housings.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:44 PM

E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point

4300k is totally white if you use it with OE light housings or even a lot of aftermarket ellipsoid housings, the reason the factory cars have blue lights is because of the ellipsoid cut-off, notice when you get into the actual beam of light it's white again (real color of ~4300k lights.)
The only way you will get the color you want is with 6000k up, personally I think 6000k is the best combination of light output/color. I've had them for almost 2 years and have never been bugged about them, then again it's a bimmer so most people figure it's OE.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Banned

94 Teggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I noticed the other day, looking at a BMW head on, the lights look white, but when they would hit a bump, the angle would make it blue.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Motor #4

BLACKTURBOS2K has disabled reputation

Can you get a HID system off of a, say, Toyota and put it on a Honda? Do you just need to wire it up? If so I have A set of HID bulbs and ballests
Old 12-20-2004, 04:06 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

10K is purple
http://optionimports.com/import-store/d2rebu.html
Old 12-20-2004, 04:17 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

I have a 6k kit, it's mostly white with a slight purple tint
Old 12-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

QuickV6 has disabled reputation

4300k lights would be your best bet. 6000k would be the max i would go because when you start getting brighter than that it is more color and not as clear. 9000k is just pure purple and it would look great from the outside but in the car it will not look that great.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:19 PM
DV8
AV6 Virus

DV8 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by E36DJ
4300k is totally white if you use it with OE light housings or even a lot of aftermarket ellipsoid housings, the reason the factory cars have blue lights is because of the ellipsoid cut-off, notice when you get into the actual beam of light it's white again (real color of ~4300k lights.)
The only way you will get the color you want is with 6000k up, personally I think 6000k is the best combination of light output/color. I've had them for almost 2 years and have never been bugged about them, then again it's a bimmer so most people figure it's OE.

Agreed.

Phillips Ultinon 6000K Will give GREAT color, but it's a blue hue.

Every bulb manfacture has different color temperatures that yields different light colors. For ex, McCulloch's 8000K will yield purple light, but u'll be putting out less than 2000lumens... while some ebay brands offer 10000K that will yield purple lights.

The S2000 has a Xenon Projector in it, which in turn flickers the color, and make it look like it's purple, blue or white.

So keep this in mind, the higher the temperature, the lower the lumens. Also, HID bulbs has a tendency to shift in color into a cooler color temperature (Such as blue, or purple) after 100 hours of use.

So i would recommend getting a Phillips Ballast & Bulb at 4300K temperature rating.

I have the Xenondepot 4300K Kit, and after a year, the light has shifter more blue, so now it seems like it's about 5000k+