Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Drag VA invades VIR!!!

Old 02-24-2003 | 01:01 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Use stock rotors. You don't need anything special. In fact I don't think that most of the drilled slotted rotors area any improvement, and some of them are worse than stock. I say this about ones that are made from stock castings. I think that racing brakes and rotors with slots, etc, are an upgrade, but they are designed with this sort of thing in mind.

The brake guru of sportscars (Fred Puhn) thinks that slotted rotors are equally as effective as pads with a groove or two in them, just the groved pad dosn't look as cool parked.
Old 02-24-2003 | 09:06 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

but see mine aren't stock. they're like an off-brand. do you still think that will be ok?
Old 02-25-2003 | 03:52 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

NOPI and others sell Brembo blanks for a very fair price. I have a friend with a SE-R that does about 30 events a year on $25 dollar brembo blanks.
Old 02-25-2003 | 05:13 AM
I Race Cars

solo2cvc is an unknown quantity at this point

My CSP car uses Brembo blanks with Carbon Metallic street pads. I have had them on the car since 1996. They did well on the track. The only fade I had is when I hit the brake zone too early and stayed on the brakes.
Old 02-25-2003 | 07:25 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I could have been there.....If my cars not ready by the next time you guys go Lemme know anyway.....I'd like to go over there anyway.......I need a crossmember from an 87/88 turbo 300Z anybody know where i can get it cheap? Pics are sweet what kinda lap times did you guys put down?
Old 02-25-2003 | 08:59 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 02-25-2003 | 09:24 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

nice....wish i coulda went....looks like fun....

oh yeah steve....they do know that there is a mustang in that "importfanatix.com" pic right???
Old 02-25-2003 | 09:35 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bandit
nice....wish i coulda went....looks like fun....

oh yeah steve....they do know that there is a mustang in that "importfanatix.com" pic right???
could be mistaken for an SE-R......maybe.......lol
Old 02-25-2003 | 11:36 AM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lightningd
but see mine aren't stock. they're like an off-brand. do you still think that will be ok?
I will tell you that they will probably be OK. The trick is to put on some brake ducts, upgraded pads, etc. Unless your car is heavy and fast, this will probably be adequate. If it is not, just take it easy on the braking and enjoy the rest of the driving. You probably spend what 5-10 seconds per lap on the brakes and the rest doing other things. Brakes are important, but they are less important in putting in a fast lap than most track school people give them.
Old 02-25-2003 | 01:34 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

my main concern is safety anyways when going to the track. the last thing i want to see is a wall up close.

Quick Reply: Drag VA invades VIR!!!