Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

finishing the job

Old 05-18-2005, 08:08 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: finishing the job

cool cool, omni isnt too bad, its not my favorite paint and/or clear but it gets the job done, and 1.3 is the right size for clear, i lay base with 1.3-1.4, but i really only like to lay clear with 1.3, comes out smoother....what kind of gun you using, i was spraying with sata but i have since swithced to sharpe, the sharpes spray so damn nice and there alot cheaper then the last couple of satas i had.....
Old 05-18-2005, 08:23 AM
LS/SE GSR JDM TypeR

ECHybrid has disabled reputation

the original gun was actually a fairly new Craftsman HVLP gun (the one that goofed up)
Im not sure of the make of the second gun, as it was brought over to us for use. I did hear that the general cost for it was around $500.00. that thing was nice..
Old 05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

YEah you will definately need to do a lot of wetsanding. You have no type of clearity in that pic the more impatiant posted.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:56 AM
LS/SE GSR JDM TypeR

ECHybrid has disabled reputation

the turmoil of doing it in garage
hopefully we'll get it right...
sand
sand
sand I guess.....
Old 05-18-2005, 10:27 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

if your clearcoat is that dull, doesnt matter how much wetsanding and buffing you do it will never get super shiny....but good luck...
Old 05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
if your clearcoat is that dull, doesnt matter how much wetsanding and buffing you do it will never get super shiny....but good luck...
Almost looks as if the clear was sprayed on to light and it dried before it set up a nice barrier. Can't be scared of clear..too thick and it runs, too thin and it looks dull...clear is the hardest part of painting. Not bad though if it was your first time.