Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
They guy ordered the car through Magic City Ford and David sent me pics of it when they pulled it into the shop for the delivery inspection. It's definitely not wrappped or dipped and the dude payed over $100k IIRC.
Considering the any number of thousands of things that could ruin his paint (and thus destroy its resale value) I can't believe he's actually out there driving it. It seems like if you wanted the look and a car that you can still drive around that a regular M3 with a 3M matte black wrap would be cheaper.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Considering the any number of thousands of things that could ruin his paint (and thus destroy its resale value) I can't believe he's actually out there driving it. It seems like if you wanted the look and a car that you can still drive around that a regular M3 with a 3M matte black wrap would be cheaper.
True but the guy may not care about resale value. The guy probably has more money than what he knows what to do with. I found a pic of the car in my buddies bay. It does look pretty good.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

I saw that bimmer a few weeks back off orange ave its super nice guy was hauling ass.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

That's definitely it! As much as I enjoyed seeing these two guys battling it out, there are better places to do that than Franklin Road.. lol

BTW, I spotted a beautiful Dakar Yellow E36 M3 lowered on some clean mesh looking wheels. Didn't get a good look, but I liked what I did see. Looked like it said TOPGEAR on the license plate. Chris, for some reason I have a feeling that belongs to Derrick or Scott!?!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
BTW, I spotted a beautiful Dakar Yellow E36 M3 lowered on some clean mesh looking wheels. Didn't get a good look, but I liked what I did see. Looked like it said TOPGEAR on the license plate. Chris, for some reason I have a feeling that belongs to Derrick or Scott!?!
I've seen that E36 a few times over the past few weeks.Looks really nice,but isn't anybody I know.Scott is all Land Rover and Mercedes now.Derrick could care less about cars anymore,and is driving a 4Runner.

As far as the frozen M3,I'm not so sure it's such a special thing?I think the first year it was available it was limited production and was only available with the Competition Package(which it looks like that car has),but for '12-'13 I think you could order any trim level M3 in the frozen colors through the Individual Program.Obviously,still much more rare than a standard color M3,but considering you can build an Individual M3 including the frozen colors in the $70k range,paying over $100k for a used one doesn't sound right.

Either way,it's fucking badass I'd love to own one of these one day,maybe 20 years from now when you can get a beat-up ass one with 150k miles for $15,000.I've got a feeling those cars won't hold up like the E36s though.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I've seen that E36 a few times over the past few weeks.Looks really nice,but isn't anybody I know.Scott is all Land Rover and Mercedes now.Derrick could care less about cars anymore,and is driving a 4Runner.

As far as the frozen M3,I'm not so sure it's such a special thing?I think the first year it was available it was limited production and was only available with the Competition Package(which it looks like that car has),but for '12-'13 I think you could order any trim level M3 in the frozen colors through the Individual Program.Obviously,still much more rare than a standard color M3,but considering you can build an Individual M3 including the frozen colors in the $70k range,paying over $100k for a used one doesn't sound right.

Either way,it's fucking badass I'd love to own one of these one day,maybe 20 years from now when you can get a beat-up ass one with 150k miles for $15,000.I've got a feeling those cars won't hold up like the E36s though.
It was new, my buddy said it had 35 miles on the odometer. Why/how he ordered it through Magic City Ford i have no idea lol
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Definately not going to hold up like the e36.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
That's definitely it! As much as I enjoyed seeing these two guys battling it out, there are better places to do that than Franklin Road.. lol

that is Gregs car. It is a nice car! One of Christians good friends

this one, right??
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Looks about right! Nice looking e36!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

mmmmmm pretty.

Quick Reply: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD