Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

4x4 Off Topic Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default Re: 4x4 Off Topic Thread

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
The Rough Country is probably the best kit for the money. I found some other brands( SkyJacker, SuperLift) on a different site, but for 2x the money. A 2" kit shouldn't cost $700 +. The first link is a nameless kit, probably something NWT put together with misc branded parts. I've never built a Chevy for myself, but have helped friends build quite a few in the past but they were all 8" and 38's-42's. NWT is right next door in WV, shipping takes no time, and the customer service has been very good.
Yea that's a brand I recognize and has a great price, I'm not looking to go outrageous on a lift I want a decent and conservative lift for daily driving.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

90racestang has disabled reputation

where do y'all play at around here. i can't find anything that isn't at least 3 hrs away. just looking to play in a little mud
Old 07-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

1xmattx1 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 90racestang
where do y'all play at around here. i can't find anything that isn't at least 3 hrs away. just looking to play in a little mud
Anyone Want to go up to Big Levels Tomorrow for the day?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:16 AM
Registered Member

90racestang has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 1xmattx1
Anyone Want to go up to Big Levels Tomorrow for the day?
Where is big levels located
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

So this seems like a good place to ask this question. How much could I get for my Jeep? Its a 98 Grand Cherokee Special Edition. Leather, cold AC(just needs a vacuum hose replaced for it to work), 5.2L 4wd. 270k miles but it runs great. Has the typical rust at the front of the hood and bottom of the rear hatch. Thanks to the mileage I have no idea what I can really get for it. I bought the gf a 01 4Runner, so no need for 2 4wd vehicles.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

With out looking up what these vehicles are going for in the market, I'm guessing around the $2500 range.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by -JB-
With out looking up what these vehicles are going for in the market, I'm guessing around the $2500 range.
Thats what I was thinking, and about what I was looking for so thats not bad. KBB(which is horrible for values) says 3k for fair private sale so I was thinking more realisticly around 2-2.5
Old 07-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

You could probably list it for $4K and get lowballed and pick your poison, but yeah, I'd say $2500 is as out what it's worth.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy

sold it as is. do not wish to discuss it.

so i dd'd the exploder for two days. then the cotter pins in my hood pins failed and my hood lifted up HARD at 65mph on 264 going to work. kept cool and was like "did this shit really just happen??" while still going 60mph. eyeballed my lane, having no doors made it easier, and pulled off on the side. sledgehammered the hood down flat enough and stuck bungee cords through to hood pin holes and tied it down and continued to drive to work like a boss at 40mph max lol
as you can see busted windshield. of course the hood is beyond "beating back into place". and if you look at the middle cab lights, my roof caved in some in the middle, cause the hood smacked so hard it bent all the way back and pushed down on the cab lights, which held up perfect lol

so i needed a new dd right away at that point. and i got lucky as hell. exactly what ive been looking for on cl for months(with no money to buy anyway tho). as soon as i had money, it popped up.
1994 extended cab, 2wd, 3.08 gears, power windows/locks/mirrors, tilt and cruise control, stock 16" wheels from newer rangers with stock tires, grey first gen exploder interior, brand new headlights, brand new radiator. does need the ac fixed tho.

as i got it...

cleaned and no more amp bullshit

since a corner light was busted, got some clears
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy

my prize of the day. fullwidth hp d44 with welded wedgies hub to hub with arms. picknpull price to boot.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Off Topic Thread