Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

fastest place for oil change?

Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: fastest place for oil change?

Originally Posted by OhShift!
(It's been a while since I looked it so I could be wrong but) Pit Bays are required to have a 2-3" rail around the pit so that a car can't fall in. OP says he is lowered and can't get a jack under his car, so I'm pretty sure he won't make it over those rails.
slammed cars fit in there, the lip is less than 2 inches tall.

i got to change my oil there all the time because i know all the guys who work at that shop.

OP go in there and ask for JB
Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

wilhit10 has disabled reputation

I have a suction thing that hooks up to my air compress. Plus having BMW's the filters are on the top of the engine. I don't even have to get under the car. Even when I had my s2k the filter could be reached without getting under the car. I can change the oil faster than jiffy lube. Plus I can make sure I put the right oil in. You can also get ones that don't require and air compressor, just make sure you get one that can be used with synthetic oil. I know a few of them that their seals get worn away by sythetic oil, or are said to be. Just what I heard.

Also Harbor freight sells a small jack that is great for slammed cars. It's a blue one that I use. It can actually really jack a car up.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by dcninja757
My car is too low for me to jack up without borrowing a jack and I can't really work on cars at my apartment anyway, where's the fastest place in Norfolk to get your oil changed? I hate waiting around all day when it's something simple. Let me know! Thanks!
Never fails, you ask the dumbest fucking questions known to mankind.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by wilhit10
I have a suction thing that hooks up to my air compress. Plus having BMW's the filters are on the top of the engine. I don't even have to get under the car. Even when I had my s2k the filter could be reached without getting under the car. I can change the oil faster than jiffy lube. Plus I can make sure I put the right oil in. You can also get ones that don't require and air compressor, just make sure you get one that can be used with synthetic oil. I know a few of them that their seals get worn away by sythetic oil, or are said to be. Just what I heard.

Also Harbor freight sells a small jack that is great for slammed cars. It's a blue one that I use. It can actually really jack a car up.
Motive makes the one that looks like a garden pump sprayer, popular with Jetta crowd.

I just picked up that 1.5 ton blue compact jack (only one handle on side) for $70 on Saturday. Works pretty well.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Got Swagg?

FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
Motive makes the one that looks like a garden pump sprayer, popular with Jetta crowd.

I just picked up that 1.5 ton blue compact jack (only one handle on side) for $70 on Saturday. Works pretty well.
I'm guessing it's $70 if picked up from a retail store?

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...html-7814.html
Old 06-14-2011, 06:51 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

it was on sale this past weekend. look for the coupons, there should be one around that may still be valid until the end of the month. that's the one.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

Thats the mini jack I have. It can even lift my M5, but I sure would not recommend it! You can hear the thing struggle on a 4k pound car! Great for a light weight car(s2k, m3). You can definitely get it for around 70-80 dollars, its always on sell. Plus, its just plain cool looking. I can also a car enough to put a jack under the car. The 2*4 trick is also a gimmic I use!

The motive is the one most people recommend, but I have seen the seals break down if its constantly used with synthetic oils. I have not directly had this happen to me though, as I use the big boy toy. Then again, their brake bleader works great with brake fluid, so this makes no sense to me....Ponder at your own will.

Adam
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

Oops, I have a bad sentence in there. I can also use that jack to lift a car enough, to put a big jack where it needs to go. Do this at your own risk!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 AM
superuser

use a jack to lift it, jack stand to support it. that's the safe way.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Got Swagg?

FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW

Originally Posted by wilhit10
Oops, I have a bad sentence in there. I can also use that jack to lift a car enough, to put a big jack where it needs to go. Do this at your own risk!
Just edit your post from now on instead of double posting.

Quick Reply: fastest place for oil change?