Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Damn....Roanoke Co is out for me :(

Old 05-22-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeayotaSoupra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Damn....Roanoke Co is out for me :(

Ok..
#1 I CAN'T register my car in the state of Virginia.. According to the insurance company i'm just a secondary driver on the car.. My dad is primary.. he lives in NC.. Insurance says it stays in NC.

#2 I purchased that muffler because my stock one was dead.. was on it's last leg.. had that muffler put on and the same size pipe ran from the cat to the can.. It's NOT that bad..

#3 I DON'T do anything to attract attention.. well.. once in a while i'm a dumbass but I don't get pulled over during those times.. I don't ride on williamson.. if I do it's to actually get someplace.. or i'm in someone elses car...

And yea.. talking to the head man wont do much
Old 05-22-2004, 02:46 PM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
damn so its safe to assume when i get my nice 50 trim t3t4 and 3" o2 elim exhaust system, to NOT come to you then.

on the side note, those elected officals rely on us the people for they're votes. like i said before if enough people voiced they're opinions then it can be changed. but it sounds from you guys like you really don't give a f*k and would not mind paying a hundred dollar ticket every time you cruise down willy, or drive home late from work and a cop hears your loud exhaust and gives you a ticket.
If its street legal, no reason not to go to him. If it isnt, no one should pass it, and to be honest, I hope the place that would pass an illegal vehicle does get caught. You would be suprised about how much the state police cares about this. They dont make the laws, they just enforce them.

I can say though that it is probably one of the easiest tickets in the world to write, and also one of the easiest to avoid. You choose not to avoid it, so why even bother complaining.

That is one thing that I personally do not understand--what do you replace it with? Similiar could mean so many different things, and OE is usually way to expensive. I totally understand why people replace OE exhaust systems, but some people do go overboard with fart cans and such. I think this is the thing that the law was meant to stop, but then again it came out in 1950, so who knows what the original intent was. Maybe it does need to be modified, so I would contact your representatives and express your opinion. Hopefully you voted, otherwise they may not even care what you think.

Last edited by VT_453; 05-22-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:08 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Nikki: It's harass, not herass.... Her ass.. muahaha...

Anyway, this is Virginia.... If you want to play, be prepared to pay. If you can't afford to do both, get a better job.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:17 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

VA is so strict, mainly due to the states around it......lets think about this for a minute. there is only one state that borders VA that is as strict on laws, and that is maryland. WVA, TN, and NC are all VERY LAX states that will allow just about any piece of shit on the road. you can get away with so much in those states, i personally know of several people that register their cars out of state to bypass VA laws...and get caught doing it.

if you look around those states, there are alot of unsafe cars on the road, not to mention incredibly tacky and such cars too. cars that are slammed to the ground, black windows, airbags, hydros, etc.....yes, it is cool (done tastefully, IMO) but think about the consequences of those mods...

airbag could bust, and you lose control (ok...bags are kinda legal in VA...depends on the setup) hydros, well,.....you have NO suspension travel (unless you are running an accumulator) and you run the risk of blowin out a line too...

slammed to the ground cars (most that are done) are not done "right" ie....done with a good amount of suspension travel, safely done, have good charactersitics, etc....most are hack jobs. cut springs, heated, sitting on the bump stops......see what happens when you alter the geometry of a car, and it causes extreme wear on suspension parts that causes failure..you will know what i am talking about.

black windows, while i admit are extremely sexy (on some cars, and again, when done right) are incredibly hard to see out of at night. you ever tried backing a car in the dark with 35% tint? kinda hard....most of the time you have to roll down the windows.

again, most laws are written for a reason (not mentioning that its illegal to have sex in VA in any position other then missionary....but that is a different story ) and are done for safety of others. if you feel it is a unjust law, contact your state representatives and give www.sema.org a look.

and as for you driving it as a secondary driver on your dads insurance....they might not like that too much....you may want to look at that. alot of insurance companies dont allow children to be on the parents policy if they are over 21, unless they are still a full time college student.

on a side note...i have heard it myself, and it is a little loud for me. but of course, it is my sole personal opinion.

good luck!
Old 05-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeayotaSoupra
Ok..
#1 I CAN'T register my car in the state of Virginia.. According to the insurance company i'm just a secondary driver on the car.. My dad is primary.. he lives in NC.. Insurance says it stays in NC.

#2 I purchased that muffler because my stock one was dead.. was on it's last leg.. had that muffler put on and the same size pipe ran from the cat to the can.. It's NOT that bad..

#3 I DON'T do anything to attract attention.. well.. once in a while i'm a dumbass but I don't get pulled over during those times.. I don't ride on williamson.. if I do it's to actually get someplace.. or i'm in someone elses car...

And yea.. talking to the head man wont do much
*** I rest my Case***
Old 05-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hitmanWRX
*** I rest my Case***
t

Anyway it just seems kind of funny. Chad and I drove around with an exhaust on our cars that would have easily went over 130 DB but we never got pulled!!! HOW you ask?????? Simple. We never went "cruising." We never did anything stupid like race down Peters creek road. Also both of us are over 30 years old and have been driving for a while longer. funny thing is that we have 2 of the stronger wrx's around here but most people dont even know that... WHY????? WE DONT ADVERTISE!!!!!!!!!
OK this is the bottom line.... listen to pretty much everything joey says and you will be fine if not then "HE" told you so!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2004, 10:33 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
VA is so strict, mainly due to the states around it......lets think about this for a minute. there is only one state that borders VA that is as strict on laws, and that is maryland. WVA, TN, and NC are all VERY LAX states that will allow just about any piece of shit on the road. you can get away with so much in those states, i personally know of several people that register their cars out of state to bypass VA laws...and get caught doing it.

if you look around those states, there are alot of unsafe cars on the road, not to mention incredibly tacky and such cars too. cars that are slammed to the ground, black windows, airbags, hydros, etc.....yes, it is cool (done tastefully, IMO) but think about the consequences of those mods...

airbag could bust, and you lose control (ok...bags are kinda legal in VA...depends on the setup) hydros, well,.....you have NO suspension travel (unless you are running an accumulator) and you run the risk of blowin out a line too...

slammed to the ground cars (most that are done) are not done "right" ie....done with a good amount of suspension travel, safely done, have good charactersitics, etc....most are hack jobs. cut springs, heated, sitting on the bump stops......see what happens when you alter the geometry of a car, and it causes extreme wear on suspension parts that causes failure..you will know what i am talking about.

black windows, while i admit are extremely sexy (on some cars, and again, when done right) are incredibly hard to see out of at night. you ever tried backing a car in the dark with 35% tint? kinda hard....most of the time you have to roll down the windows.

again, most laws are written for a reason (not mentioning that its illegal to have sex in VA in any position other then missionary....but that is a different story ) and are done for safety of others. if you feel it is a unjust law, contact your state representatives and give www.sema.org a look.

and as for you driving it as a secondary driver on your dads insurance....they might not like that too much....you may want to look at that. alot of insurance companies dont allow children to be on the parents policy if they are over 21, unless they are still a full time college student.

on a side note...i have heard it myself, and it is a little loud for me. but of course, it is my sole personal opinion.

good luck!
i agree to all that. and yea people are stupid and dont vote. thats pretty much the majority of america as sad as it is

you'd hate my friend's cavalier. lowered on stock suspension w/ just lowering springs and sitting on bump stops. he took his grandfathers 98 wrecked cavalier (hit on the side) and bought as much of the cheapest crap he could off ebay, even the thing that makes a turbo sound that sits in your exhaust (but it melted off after a week) just to make fun of all the ricey cars here. we even spray painted bumper car on the sides of it. It was fun lol...hmmm what else...took the nos kit off his mustang and put it on the cav, tinted the windows w/ advance auto zone limo tint. oh bought some am headers off ebay, and cut the cat and muffler off and just stuck a series of that bendable exhaust pipe you can get at advance for like 8$ a box. it stops in the middle of the car and points out to one side. It is the loudest thing I have ever heard with a 4cyl motor in it. oh wait after the nos kit was put in, he killed the stock origional clutch in it and put some stage 2 clutch in it. I don't remember what kind but it is too good for that car.

now THAT car you would laugh your as$ off if you saw. and it has yet to be pulled over, but we always hear the cops talk about it over his police scanner that he conveniently has installed in the cavalier.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Gotta agree with Joey on most of this. Voting isn't going to do anything. It's all about writing letters etc. Most of the people on here bitch about it but when it comes to actually doing anything they don't.

I mean I remember when Matt had his SCed Cobra. Set off alarms giving it barely any throttle on main street in Salem. He never got a ticket. It's all about the "aura" you give off I guess.

Simple answer is to drive like a normal person.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

1. TeayotaSoupra it’s not just that your car is loud, it’s the fact that your car is loud in a ricer sort of way. Not to say that you’re a ricer just that the muffler sounds like it. Also not to say it sounds bad, b/c I liked the way it sounded but it sounded high pitched like a rice cannon. I saw you twice when you were driving and both times I would hear that shit a mile away because it’s so high pitched and loud.
2. Though I agree no one has a right to bitch about stuff if they don’t vote I also don’t support all of these voting drives like rock the vote. Personally I think they should have some kind of test or something in order for you to vote, because I know the thought of some of the stupid bastards I deal with on a day-to-day basis choosing who leads us scares the shit out of me.

That’s like the thing where if you can’t read you can have some one go into the voting booth with you to read it to you. I’m sorry but if you can’t read I don’t want your ass deciding who rep. me.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:45 AM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
1. TeayotaSoupra it’s not just that your car is loud, it’s the fact that your car is loud in a ricer sort of way. Not to say that you’re a ricer just that the muffler sounds like it. Also not to say it sounds bad, b/c I liked the way it sounded but it sounded high pitched like a rice cannon. I saw you twice when you were driving and both times I would hear that shit a mile away because it’s so high pitched and loud.
i dont think ive ever heard a supra that sounds ricey. if anything they are probably one of the best sounding imports

Quick Reply: Damn....Roanoke Co is out for me :(