Notices
Sponsor Marketplace Support those who support VADriven! This forum is restricted to businesses and vendors who are VADriven Sponsors. Please consider them when making your next purchase! If you would like to become a sponsor click here.

Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeremy0203 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Originally Posted by Joey@StockOrMod
*Update* 10% off any paint and bodywork for the month of September, this is for all Vadriven members only. This is a special thanks from all of us at stock or modified for all the referrals and repeat customers. If you have any questions please give us a call at 757-301-8490. Thanks

damn, wanna hook me up with an early august going away discount. this is Jeremy, the one with the SI you are painting that you are finishing up this week . ill come get it september 1st if that helps =D

Last edited by jeremy0203; 08-28-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered member

Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym Maksym

Joey and the crew did a fantastic job fixing up my S2000. I had a pretty big dent from what looked like a truck ball hitch on my trunk lid and they removed any trace that it has ever been there. In addition to the trunk lid they repainted the rear bumper, the hood, both mirror covers and removed about 35 smaller dings and dents that my car has been accumulating since the year of 2000. The paint was matched perfectly and the quality of bodywork is absolutely the best. I will definitely come back to them when I'm ready to repaint other parts on my car and well as my bike and will recommend them to anyone.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered member

GR33K is a splendid one to beholdGR33K is a splendid one to beholdGR33K is a splendid one to beholdGR33K is a splendid one to beholdGR33K is a splendid one to beholdGR33K is a splendid one to beholdGR33K is a splendid one to beholdGR33K is a splendid one to behold

Sent you a PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

On a side note, if a full strip/repair/respray was $4500 as stated in here, that is on the lower end of a spray price.

Shit, I got one in here now getting a strip and respray that will be close to $8500 by the time it goes out (HOK paint and clear, the clear is right at a grand a gallon).
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Where do you get your HOK paint? The last place I knew that sold it stopped carrying it :/
Old 09-27-2012, 08:52 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
Where do you get your HOK paint? The last place I knew that sold it stopped carrying it :/
James T Davis is who my supplier is, they have a location in Lynchburg which would be the closest to you.

Almost everything is ordered for me, the toners used in the PPG Deltron line work with their bases but I normally just order it a week ahead of time to have ready to roll.

Honestly their Kosmic Klear is a little overpriced, IMO, and PPG's 2002 is pretty close to the depth if you work 4-6 coats on it. I am doing my wifes SN95 now with it and have seen some damn nice results on doing 2 wet coats, cure, 1500, 2 wet coats, cure, 1500, 2 wet coats, cure, 1500, 2000, 3000 Mirka then Mirka compound.

Its fucking deep and wet (twss) and less than half the cost of HOK. Granted it is a stock color (E8 Vermillion Red) and nothing special but it is AMAZING how deep the shine is over a normal high solids poly production clear.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

baynedo has disabled reputation

I priced out dupont chroma premire primer, paint and clear and it was 1300 for 1 gallon of Grand Prix white. Paint gets exspensive as hell.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor

Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod

All we use at this shop is dupont's chroma line of paint, it's easy to work with and it's backed with a lifetime warranty. If we do any kandy paint work we use house of kolor, that as well is a great line of paint. I appreciate all the positive feedback as well, thank you!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

BTW Joey, I wanna know how much its gonna cost to re-spray the front of this G8 and then clear bra it.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:44 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

For those wondering where all the posts went, this is not the forum to post negative (or positive) book length reviews of a vendor and as such they've been deleted.

We have a forum specifically for that: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/

Quick Reply: Stock or Modified Bodyworks