Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 03-03-2011, 04:29 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Western Off Topic

GOD DAMNIT!! what is with our luck lately dude?!?!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:40 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

ARRRGHHHH!!!! I know, dammit.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by TongWoo
You know what's cool?

I'll tell you what isn't. Doing a ton of work to your car, finishing, and taking it down the road...

After forgetting to put your hood pins back in.

Dmax carbon hood: Smashed
Windshield: Smashed
Roof: Dented

Realizing that I should have stopped to eat today so I don't get out of it and forgetful...Ahh, I don't even want to say it.

Guess I'm gonna fix and lace paint the hood and roof. Fark it
Call me if you need any body work advice/help.

I'll dust off the long block tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

jdm ek 9 has disabled reputation

Damn man that suck. I hate to hear that.

My luck is bout the same. I have been try to get my eg sedan on the road and every time I get something fixed some thing else pops up
Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by <3rust
Call me if you need any body work advice/help.

I'll dust off the long block tomorrow.
I will, man. I think I'm gonna straighten out the roof and repaint it the hood with a lace job. -At least until I can find a good coupe shell.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:01 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Where would you guys suggest for windshield replacements in Roanoke? I've heard Safelite uses cheaper thinner glass that's more prone to breakage and chipping, and the Wrangler's windshield is really small and really flat--which makes it REALLY easily damaged as it is. I'd ideally like to have a shop do it that comes to me, but that's not a deal breaker. I just want it done right. I'll be paying out of pocket because a windshield would be cheaper than my comprehensive deductible. I don't have specific glass coverage like some providers have.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I've had Safelite install four windshields for me,and they did a good job on all of them,and they held up fine(other than the one that did break hitting a wall almost head-on,haha).I have no idea of they use thinner glass,but if they do,I'd be willing to bet all of them do.I guess buying an OEM glass is the only way to ensure it's OE thickness/quality.
Whichever way you go,try to talk them down on the price.The first couple Civic windshields I had put in were around $140 each.The next time they told me over $300,so I said no thanks,and planned to hang up.The salesman asked me what was wrong,and I told him that was more than double the last two I'd had done,for the same application.He asked me what the old price was,and if I'd schedule it right now if they'd match that price,and they did.WTF?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Where would you guys suggest for windshield replacements in Roanoke? I've heard Safelite uses cheaper thinner glass that's more prone to breakage and chipping, and the Wrangler's windshield is really small and really flat--which makes it REALLY easily damaged as it is. I'd ideally like to have a shop do it that comes to me, but that's not a deal breaker. I just want it done right. I'll be paying out of pocket because a windshield would be cheaper than my comprehensive deductible. I don't have specific glass coverage like some providers have.
My fiance's father works for the roanoke safelite,he has for years now.I can gaurentee you that is false.I've seen the glass they put in and the oem glass out of one of the civics side by side and they are no thicker or thinner.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:37 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Thanks guys! I'll check them out I guess. They're the first name that comes to mind when I think of glass, locally... so if you guys have had good experience, I'll see what they'll do. My parents were going to surprise me and have a new windshield put in for me for a Christmas present but I had been told by others that they've had glass done on their Jeep's for like $150, but none of them were local so I had nothing other than that to base it off of. Safelite quoted my mom like $250 and said there could be other things they would need as well such as trim and seals that would be additional. That seemed way too high.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Thanks guys! I'll check them out I guess. They're the first name that comes to mind when I think of glass, locally... so if you guys have had good experience, I'll see what they'll do. My parents were going to surprise me and have a new windshield put in for me for a Christmas present but I had been told by others that they've had glass done on their Jeep's for like $150, but none of them were local so I had nothing other than that to base it off of. Safelite quoted my mom like $250 and said there could be other things they would need as well such as trim and seals that would be additional. That seemed way too high.
They aren't the cheapest,but they are the best.The only other place i would trust is dannys and they are just as steep or even maybe more pricey then safelite.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic