Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

eg vtec rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: eg vtec rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.

Check the pinout from the ECU to the O2 sensor connector. Also check that the O2 sensor is getting power.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Temporary ######

Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor
Default Re: eg vtec rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.

Originally Posted by 91slomatic
Okay so now the code 43 is gone. Now its throwing a code 41 which is primary oxygen sensor heater. All wiring is good. No shorts or anything. Im starting to think maybe the ecu is going? I read some forums with the same problems. Also my friend said that the 2 grey wire pins on the o2 sensor may need to be swapped. Idk how much of that is true but what y'all think?
So what did you do to troubleshoot to get this result?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered member

91slomatic has disabled reputation

A voltmeter. The o2 sensor was stuck on lean. Checked all the wires for the o2 readings and all came out fine. I returned the first o2 sensor I bought and got another and still got the oxygen sensor heater trouble code. So I went on Honda-tech and a few different people had the same exact problems and their ecumenical was bad.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

gameoverr96 has disabled reputation

i think u may have a bad fuel pressure regulator, also check the vacuum line to the regulator.. or possibly you have a leaking injector that doesnt shut and stays partially open
Old 12-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Registered member

Okay, so new motor is in. Its not fully broken in yet but still throwing the code 41. Primary oxygen sensor heater. Granite I spent about 70 bucks on the part, I got the 3rd one in it now. tried another p28 chipped ecu and code still came up. Im thinking about putting an o2 simulator in it.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Did you check MAF?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:38 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 91slomatic
Okay, so new motor is in. Its not fully broken in yet but still throwing the code 41. Primary oxygen sensor heater. Granite I spent about 70 bucks on the part, I got the 3rd one in it now. tried another p28 chipped ecu and code still came up. Im thinking about putting an o2 simulator in it.
\

You need to geta factory service manual and look at the wiring for that circuit. You've replaced the ECU and tried another O2 sensor but that doesn't affect the wiring or the power source for the O2 sensor heater. Some cars use ignition power on one side of the O2 heater circuit and the other side goes to the ECU, but I can't remember if that's what Honda does or not. Anyway, you've just been replacing parts but haven't really been properly troubleshooting anything it doesn't sound like.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered member

Map sensor ranges check out fine
Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Mass Air Flow.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Cindy_Lou_Who
Mass Air Flow.
Honda's don't use a MAF, they use a MAP.

Quick Reply: eg vtec rough idle, excessive fuel consumption, and hesitation while cruising.